Andrew Luck retires after 7 years

Just thinking out loud here but I think you will start seeing more guys walk away early now, especially guys who have cashed in big checks. Lucks announcement helps give a little cover from any media or fan blowback down the road

Just thinking out loud here but I think you will start seeing more guys walk away early now, especially guys who have cashed in big checks. Lucks announcement helps give a little cover from any media or fan blowback down the road
This is why I think Rodgers gets another serious injury he might say hey I am near the end why keep doing this and just say see ya GB.

@CharlesWoodson
·
49m

I seriously thought about retiring after year 8. After a series of phone calls to close family and friends I decided to press on. This game can weigh on you heavily. I made the best decision for me and Luck has made the best for him!

So Aaron Rodgers comments on Luck retiring first said he was shocked by news because Luck was still pretty young and the he said he was disgusted that the media leaked it and disgusted that the fans boo'd him.

Make big dollars. Don't take your health and family for granted. Get out when either are compromised. Like it or not, that's how it rolls.

So Aaron Rodgers comments on Luck retiring first said he was shocked by news because Luck was still pretty young and the he said he was disgusted that the media leaked it and disgusted that the fans boo'd him.
disgusted the media leaked it but he had no issues with media leaking GB locker room issues or his contract negotiations. damn hypocrite

I can't speak for the guy but I believe Luck has been suffering from depression for a few years now and an identity crisis, and this is how he's trying to end it. You spend your whole life playing football, it's a part of your identity, then suddenly your body just doesn't allow you to do it. There are expectations from everyone else and your own needs get put at the bottom of the list. Good for him for walking away on his own terms. Maybe some day he'll heal and try to come back, lord knows he's young enough. But right now this is what he needs.

There were some reports if you believe him that many in the organization thought this would happen sooner than later but the timing took them by surprise. Not all guys are wired the same, he a highly educated Stanford kid who may have seen football in a different light

Back