Andrew Luck retires after 7 years

HeartyHops

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wow.

Did anyone know this was on the menu?

He is 29 or so, and tired of dealing with the injuries. I admire him for stepping out of the BS), but this was a shock to me.

I'm surprised. I guess he just decided it isn't worth. I'm pretty certain he's already financially set for life.

A bit surprised but more about the timing. Respect for walking away and seeing family and life outweighs money

He made nearly 100 million in 7 years so he won't be hurting for cash with this choice to walk away.

Though the Colts will have a $18 million cap hit this year and $6 million in 2020 with him retiring.

Though Colts fans show they are total trash. As Luck was walking off the field last night fans boo'd him.

He made nearly 100 million in 7 years so he won't be hurting for cash with this choice to walk away.

Though the Colts will have a $18 million cap hit this year and $6 million in 2020 with him retiring.
Per Spotrac
At the very least the #Colts will see a $6M cap credit in 2020 for the roster bonus that was guaranteed but not yet paid (9/17). It’s possible Indy recoups the $6M bonus paid 3/18 & $12.8M of his $32M signing bonus, which would mean a $12.4M cap credit for 2020, $6.4M in 2021.

Luck a few weeks ago in an interview: "I’m certainly challenging myself to be a better quarterback than I’ve ever been. If I lose that motivation, then I think it’s time to not play. I don’t see how it would be fun.” Very telling

So question is Luck a HOF'er? No MVP never been to a Super Bowl. Only 7 years in the NFL and battled through a lot of injury plagued years. I would tend to lean no he's not.

Per Spotrac
At the very least the #Colts will see a $6M cap credit in 2020 for the roster bonus that was guaranteed but not yet paid (9/17). It’s possible Indy recoups the $6M bonus paid 3/18 & $12.8M of his $32M signing bonus, which would mean a $12.4M cap credit for 2020, $6.4M in 2021.
Despite the fact that they could have recouped $24.8 million from their former QB, the Colts already have reached a financial settlement with Andrew Luck in which they will not take back any of the money they are owed, league sources tell ESPN.‬

Back