Aaron Rodgers to miss Brett Favre's Packers HOF induction

I still think this HOF dinner is a crock of crap anyways. They thumbed there nose at the Average fan and gave all the seats to the VIPs' and sponsors and then after people complained they threw a bread crumb at them saying you can pay to sit in the bowl and watch on the Jumbotron and have Favre come out and say a short message of thanks. Fans bought up that BS and sold the tickets out fast. So I don't mind Rodgers is not attending this BS event anyways. I was with what Favre wanted hold it in the bowl for all fans but VIPs and sponsors cried since they wanted to be special and GBP kissed their asses.

Did any of you consider Rodgers felt this was Brett's day and his presence might distract from it? I don't think there is any animosity between them these days. Heck, they put the past behind them quicker than anyone. I think we might be making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I guess I am in the minority. It doesn't bother me in the least. It would be good if he was there, but I don't see it as earth-shattering.

I get his reason for not going but also think he could have handled it better then that interview. Not huge to me but he does need to maybe act a little more professional .

sh))tc(

Evidently Rodgers does have a commitment and that is to play golf in the annual Lake Tahoe celebrity tournament, an event he has played in the last several years and committed to it well before Favre was announced as going into the Packers HOF.

Evidently Rodgers does have a commitment and that is to play golf in the annual Lake Tahoe celebrity tournament, an event he has played in the last several years and committed to it well before Favre was announced as going into the Packers HOF.

we knew that from the original article.... you missed the point. His priority/job is the GB Packers not charity golf or chasing his GF around.

Exactly, Mark. He is the leader of this Franchise right now.

And honestly, I don't think AR would take any attention off of Favre on this day if he was there. That is a bunch of BS.

Pugger,

Sorry, I can't agree with you. I don't care if this golf tournament was going on for 10 years in a row. If he talked with the organizers of the tourney and explained why he needs to be at the HOF presentation, I am sure they would completely understand.

IMO, he just doesn't want to go.

Lol, I know it's slow season but this amount of manufactured outrage seems like a real stretch.

Listen: Favre himself, the self-professed hermit, doesn't even want to be there for this or the other thing in November. He's going to do it for as long as he has to and then jump on a private jet back home. Aaron is the face of the franchise and I think he does a lot of wonderful stuff off the field that we know about and more good stuff that isn't publicized. Missing an event that the guest of honor doesn't even want to be at doesn't change any of that. It's taking place in the middle of July, it's his time off, he can do whatever the hell he wants to, even if it's playing golf or "chasing his GF around." I could not care less.

Lol, I know it's slow season but this amount of manufactured outrage seems like a real stretch.

Listen: Favre himself, the self-professed hermit, doesn't even want to be there for this or the other thing in November. He's going to do it for as long as he has to and then jump on a private jet back home. Aaron is the face of the franchise and I think he does a lot of wonderful stuff off the field that we know about and more good stuff that isn't publicized. Missing an event that the guest of honor doesn't even want to be at doesn't change any of that. It's taking place in the middle of July, it's his time off, he can do whatever the hell he wants to, even if it's playing golf or "chasing his GF around." I could not care less.

Agree 100%. It is not Rodgers job or respondibilty at all to be there. It doesn't matter if Rodgers is busy or if he just wanted to spend a quiet night at home, its not a big deal at all that he isn't going and he should not feel obligated.

No kidding. Rodgers is under NO obligation to attend this event. These are the last few days AR has for himself before TC and the season really begins in earnest. My goodness. This event is for Favre, not Rodgers. Yes, Rodgers is the face of the franchise today but we aren't celebrating the team of today. We will be honoring a player who gave a lot to the team and he along with others who brought the team back to national prominence.

Back