Aaron Rodgers can't fix these Packer problems that hinder their Super Bowl chances

That, combined with the history of making terrible teams and/or terrible players look like (actually, be) winners.

if we are talking about this season, they have not done that. the only two teams that have beaten them are undefeated teams. don't get me wrong - i share everyone's concern that we can't beat the good teams. but, i have to say that the packers offense at least seemed to come out of their funk in the second half of the panthers game. if rodgers doesn't throw that pick near the end of the fourth quarter, they had a chance at overtime. when i look at the remaining schedule, i could see the possibility of a 14-2 record. there's probably 1 or two more losses ahead, but but 14-2 is do-able if the offense is back on track and the defense plays like they did in the first six games. i'm going to try to stay positive.

if we are talking about this season, they have not done that. the only two teams that have beaten them are undefeated teams. don't get me wrong - i share everyone's concern that we can't beat the good teams. but, i have to say that the packers offense at least seemed to come out of their funk in the second half of the panthers game. if rodgers doesn't throw that pick near the end of the fourth quarter, they had a chance at overtime. when i look at the remaining schedule, i could see the possibility of a 14-2 record. there's probably 1 or two more losses ahead, but but 14-2 is do-able if the offense is back on track and the defense plays like they did in the first six games. i'm going to try to stay positive.

Nope, wasn't talking about just this year. How many times in previous years have we looked forward to a blowout yawner and either lost or had a nail-biter? Don't want to turn this into a sucsession of 'yes, but what about (this particular instance)' - if one doesn't remember it the way I do or doesn't care, no problem.

Nope, wasn't talking about just this year. How many times in previous years have we looked forward to a blowout yawner and either lost or had a nail-biter? Don't want to turn this into a sucsession of 'yes, but what about (this particular instance)' - if one doesn't remember it the way I do or doesn't care, no problem.

I remember like you do Half. We seem to play to the level of our opponent when we should be kickin' a** and takin' names! The Lions game is an emotional trap. We're coming home after two butt kickings on the road and if we are too busy licking our wounds we'll find ourselves in an unforseen scrap! Here's is a chance to re-establish our North division dominance and we better not miss this opportunity.

Since Aaron Rodgers took over, the Packers are 31-11-1 in the division. If you want to talk history they have not had a losing record in the division in that time and were only .500 in 2008. the next closest is 2013 when they were 3-2-1 with that damn tie against Minnesota. Remember the scores of the divisional games last year? Lots of absolute blowouts. All wins were by 10 or more in the division.

Not only that, but the Lions are coming off a bye and they will be stoked. They've seen the Packers weaknesses and struggles and you can bet they will try and do the same. I'm not saying that have the talent but the way this season has been going, anything is possible.

Since Aaron Rodgers took over, the Packers are 31-11-1 in the division. If you want to talk history they have not had a losing record in the division in that time and were only .500 in 2008. the next closest is 2013 when they were 3-2-1 with that damn tie against Minnesota. Remember the scores of the divisional games last year? Lots of absolute blowouts. All wins were by 10 or more in the division.

Sorry, didn't realize I'd specified division games, although I'd be willing to go back and see what no-name QB, RB, or defense from the North had their career day against the Pack. I meant against any team in the league, including, but not limited to, division opponents.

Sorry, didn't realize I'd specified division games, although I'd be willing to go back and see what no-name QB, RB, or defense from the North had their career day against the Pack. I meant against any team in the league, including, but not limited to, division opponents.

Sorry, didn't realize I would upset you by looking at things half full. I choose to be optimistic when I look at history. I am not happy with how the team has performed the last few weeks. It is out of my control though so staying positive makes me enjoy the team more. If I was pessimistic about the team all the time I'd have to give up watching. Life is to short.

With that said lets look at all opponents. Since '08 when AR took over the Packers are 76 - 35 (0.685) with him starting. Overall, they are 79-40-1 (0.6625) since '08. Sure they have had bad losses. They also had great wins.

Sorry, didn't realize I would upset you by looking at things half full. I choose to be optimistic when I look at history. I am not happy with how the team has performed the last few weeks. It is out of my control though so staying positive makes me enjoy the team more. If I was pessimistic about the team all the time I'd have to give up watching. Life is to short.

With that said lets look at all opponents. Since '08 when AR took over the Packers are 76 - 35 (0.685) with him starting. Overall, they are 79-40-1 (0.6625) since '08. Sure they have had bad losses. They also had great wins.

Looks like we're talking at cross purposes, so one more try on my part. If that doesn't work, have a nice day. My only point was supposed to be that we fans have often looked at an upcoming game and been ready to sit back and enjoy seeing a blowout, only to see a team or individuals have great games and either beat the Pack or take them to the wire. The feeling seems to be that the Pack should stomp the Lions, and I'd love to see that, but it's just that the preceding has happened so often. How about leery instead of pessimistic?

As to your first paragraph, one's point of view is obviously personal and can't be right or wrong. I, personally, when viewing sports, subscribe to the "I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than unpleasantly surprised". Life may (or not, depends on personal point of view) be short, but this is football.

The second paragraph gets into another personal choice area. I'm a Super Bowl or Bust kind of guy - I feel that 31 teams fail every year. The Pack has a really good overall record, stretches of phenominal home wins, and one Lombardi with arguably the best QB in the business. The bad losses, to me, aren't those where they got thumped, it's those that were supposed to be wins.

I understand.

With the risk of this getting out of hand, tell me to piss off and I'm done, I have a question. 2010 the Packers won the SB but were not the best team, they got lucky with lots of help to even get in the playoffs. Last year the Packers were a great team but choked in the NFCCG. You would take a lucky SB over a really good team that missed out on an opportunity because of a couple fluke plays?

Back