A Re Do Mock and Draft Grades

Terranimal

Reaction score
So read a lot of early draft grades on Pack, which really don't mean squat for evaluating until 3 to 4 years from now looking back.

Admit was a few surprises starting with Gary. But while we might not have been happy, draft score wise overall the Pack scored pretty well.

If taking an average of grades out there and without doing literal math stats, would say B plus. As far as needs go, Gute hit well. Now will have to see how they pan out.

So here's the deal. It's a re mock. In other words who would you have taken different through out the draft for us?

Thought it might be fun to do this and then in 3 yrs look back and see who fared better, you or Gute. Hopefully it's Gute right?

But it is still fun to look back and see how your picks fared. When I was active with draft would do this for real. :)

Not sure about a few of the picks, starting with Gary. Mostly, the first round fell pretty reasonably. As usual there were a few surprises, but since surprises are normal for the draft, I guess they're really not surprises.

- For the Packers, I never thought of Gary because I didn't see him as a fit. I would have thought Sweat or Burns would have been better fits.

- I'd have been OK staying at #30 and taking OL there - McGary, Risner, Taylor, and Ford were all available there.

- I'm good with Jenkins at 44 since we didn't go OT, but had we stayed at #30 and gone OT, I'd have taken Adderley or Thornhill there.

- I'm OK with Sternberger at #75 though I admit to liking Dieter and Saunders there as well.

- Since I'd have kept #114 and #118. I'd have looked at guys like Hooker, Bryant, and Stidham there.

- I like Keke at #150. Blake Cashman is the only guy there that I really like better.

- At 185 Holman seems like a reach. Give me Arman Watts there if I didn't already have a DT.

- Williams at #194 seems like a solid pick. Nobody I really like a whole lot better at that point.

- Same with Summers at #226. Though I admit though there were a few guys like Gaskin, Godwin, and Jelks that fell down there that might have intrigued me.

didn't like the trade up in the first round even though i like the guy we picked. i think we gave up too much in a draft where we had a lot of needs. so i'm going back to our original slots. i liked the last three picks and can't really argue that they were not the best available, so i'm leaving them the same as gute's picks.

12 - brian burns, edge - florida state
30 - jawaan taylor, ot - florida
44 - juan thornhill, s - virginia
75 - lyndell wilson, lb - alabama
114 - sheldrick redwine, s - miami
118 - foster moreau, te - lsu
150 - clayton thorson, qb - northwestern
185 - ka'dar hollman, cb - toledo
194 - dexter williams, rb - notre dame
226 - ty summers, lb - texas christian

didn't like the trade up in the first round even though i like the guy we picked. i think we gave up too much in a draft where we had a lot of needs. so i'm going back to our original slots. i liked the last three picks and can't really argue that they were not the best available, so i'm leaving them the same as gute's picks.

12 - brian burns, edge - florida state
30 - jawaan taylor, ot - florida
44 - juan thornhill, s - virginia
75 - lyndell wilson, lb - alabama
114 - sheldrick redwine, s - miami
118 - foster moreau, te - lsu
150 - clayton thorson, qb - northwestern
185 - ka'dar hollman, cb - toledo
194 - dexter williams, rb - notre dame
226 - ty summers, lb - texas christian
My mock had pack taking Taylor, Thornhill, Redwine, and Thorson. I liked Williams as well. This would have been a solid draft...

Back