2024 NFL Season Thread

I think this contract here could show what Kenny Clark could be in line for. Does GB want to pay him $23 million a year or now does GB draft a DT high in the draft and let Clark leave as a FA after this season?

I wouldn't even think about giving Clark $23 mill a year. You need money spread across the entire front line, and to the depth players, to make it effective. One guy alone doesn't make a d line. Even with Reggie, they had to get others on board with respectable contracts. And no matter what, Clark isn't anywhere near being a game changer like Reggie was.

I think this contract here could show what Kenny Clark could be in line for. Does GB want to pay him $23 million a year or now does GB draft a DT high in the draft and let Clark leave as a FA after this season?

As a wise man once said “structure matters” it all depends on the guarantees.

As a wise man once said “structure matters” it all depends on the guarantees.

Agreed. If you do a 2-3 year extension for Clark, with a reasonable out in the last year it's fine. You are young at DL and don't have to extend any of them other than Slaton until spring/summer of 2027. Plus I'm guessing that in the next 2-3 drafts they'll add 2 more DL guys to stay young.

Lions sign Amon-Ra St Brown to 4 year $120 million deal with $77 guaranteed

Back