2024 Draft Thread

It would be a very Packers-y thing to get the expected second round guy in the first and the first round guy in the second
And they keep finding guys that way which is astounding.

GB with the 9th pick today. Lots of guys to take at that 9th pick still

DB: DeJean, Bullard, Kool-Aid, Rakestraw, Bishop, Melton, Tampa
LB: Cooper, Payton, Colson
Edge: Kneeland
DL: Newton, Fiske
RB: Brooks

14 guys right there so guaranteed unless you trade back you could be able to pick one of those guys.

Yup, that's a solid list of guys. I personally would pass on Payton and Tampa but for me, the rest are solid. They might need to take a LB at #41 because things at LB drop off quickly. I like Colson better than Cooper but either would be fine. I've read some things that the Packers really like Trevin Wallace from Kentucky, so maybe he's in play at #58 or in Rd3.

I have not been a fan of DeJean and won't trade up to get him today but he falls to 41 sure he has value there and would not complain then as he fills a role at safety. At this point my top 5 out there going into day 2 is

1. Kool-Aid
2. Newton
3. DeJean
4. Bullard
5. Cooper

If any of these 5 are there at 41 and GB takes them I am super happy.

Another question for the group - Detroit moved up ahead of GB to draft Terrion Arnold. Do you all think Arnold was in play for GB? The league was obviously lower on the CB group than expected, and Arnold is a 4.5 guy. I know he's super skilled, smooth athlete etc but I don't see GB drafting a 4.5 corner in the first round.

Another question for the group - Detroit moved up ahead of GB to draft Terrion Arnold. Do you all think Arnold was in play for GB? The league was obviously lower on the CB group than expected, and Arnold is a 4.5 guy. I know he's super skilled, smooth athlete etc but I don't see GB drafting a 4.5 corner in the first round.
More of a zone off man guy.... New DC wants press corners

Cousins' agent Mike McCartney told ESPN's Pete Thamel that the Falcons only notified the quarterback that they would pick Penix while the team was on the clock. McCartney said there is frustration and confusion coming from Cousins' camp because Atlanta did not use its first-round pick to make the team better in 2024.

Sounds like 2020 with GB and Rodgers.
This is so funny. Cousins is 35, coming to the end of his career. If you saw the QB documentary, he's always banged up and hurting, and it's not gonna get any better coming off that mid-season achilles injury. Atlanta having a backup plan makes sense - although I think they took Penix way too high.

This is so funny. Cousins is 35, coming to the end of his career. If you saw the QB documentary, he's always banged up and hurting, and it's not gonna get any better coming off that mid-season achilles injury. Atlanta having a backup plan makes sense - although I think they took Penix way too high.
I think the issue is that Penix is basically the same age as Jordan Love is NOW. He's not a guy you stash to develop - he's already developed. I get the thing about Cousins' age and injury, to me it's the wrong QB. They knew they had the 8th pick since January, before they signed Cousins. Penix wasn't going to go before then. Just strange to pay Cousins all that money as a FA and then do this. I said it before in shout but that whole org is on crack, starts at the top with Blank.

Back