2024 Draft Thread

I mean, that’s 7 immediate/future starters in the first 7 picks so I’d say it’s more than OK. Latu is the best pass rusher in the draft, neck injury or no at 25 I think it’s well worth a swing.
thanks, but i wanted 11 starters. :cool:

actually, i was hoping to get barton and kinchens but i didn't have a chance at either.

Duke Blue Devils offensive lineman Graham Barton is among the best interior offensive line prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft. I have an extremely high first-round grade on Barton's abilities and view him as this year's Peter Skoronski.

An injury prevented Barton from competing at this year's Senior Bowl despite him initially accepting an invite to participate in Mobile. Had Barton attended, he would have been among the best performers on the practice field. His absence was unfortunate, but it hasn't altered his performance ceiling.

There are obvious parallels between Barton and Skoronski. Barton is a multi-year starter (2021-23) at left tackle like Skoronski was coming out of Northwestern. Before Barton's move to protect the blindside, the Brentwood, Tennessee native made five starts at center during the 2020 season.

Like Skoronski, I don't believe Barton possesses the arm length necessary to play the tackle position at the next level. Barton's missed trip to Mobile prevented us from receiving official measurements, but those numbers should arrive at the NFL Scouting Combine. I expect Barton's arm length to clock in below the 50th percentile (Skoronski placed in the fourth percentile). It doesn't bother me one bit, nor did it have a massive impact on Skoronski's draft-day positioning.

The Tennessee Titans drafted Skoronski with the No. 11 overall selection in the 2023 NFL Draft, earmarking him as their long-term starter at left guard despite him not playing the position collegiately. NFL teams should view Barton in similar lighting. He's an instant upgrade at virtually all three interior positions within the lungs of an offense. Barton carries day-one impact starter potential with an All-Pro ceiling.

Barton is probably even more versatile than Skoronski was as a prospect. I don't recall Skoronski receiving many shouts to play center, which may ultimately end up being Barton's ideal position. Alternatively, Barton's arm-length numbers probably won't be quite as preventative to playing tackle as Skoronski's were. If Barton's pro franchise prefers him to play tackle, he may qualify to do so. Combine measurements will paint a clearer picture.

It's difficult to identify weaknesses in Barton's game when combing through his tape. He's an extremely technically sound and advanced blocker. Barton's mechanics are so clean that projecting him to positions he possesses little-to-no experience playing (guard and center) doesn't concern NFL scouts, much like it didn't with Skoronski—an assumption that proved to be accurate given his rookie-year success.

Barton is a physical finisher that plays through the whistle. Displacing opponents as a run blocker comes easy to him thanks to blending impressive physical traits with technical advancements. Speed, agility, and strength are at the forefront of Barton's physical makeup. Barton possesses the foot speed necessary to keep speed rushers at bay. He also has the power required to brace and anchor against power rushers.

Ultimately, Barton is an outstanding offensive lineman who will offer a team a long-term solution as a high-impact starter. Barton is a top-32 talent and bonafide first-round-worthy prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft.

I know what the mocks say but I think Cooper goes in the first before we pick.
PFN mocks I was playing with today few times had him there at 41. Zero chance that happens.

Back