2024 Draft Thread

I am surprised Kris Jenkins has been not getting more love from the Packer homer fan base since his uncle is former Packer Cullen Jenkins.

Love it all but Nubin.... for the love of god I'll lose it if they draft that putz
I was surprised doing the mock how many safeties went early in the mock I did before 41. It seems that the PFN likes to have a run on certain spots.

I was surprised doing the mock how many safeties went early in the mock I did before 41. It seems that the PFN likes to have a run on certain spots.

Just about every site that does Mocks now has a run from the 2nd to 3rd round on safeties.... GB has to grab one in that range or miss out.

One point about Bortolini. He has problems with his long snap. No matter how hard the Badgers worked on it, the problem was still there. That doesn't speak well for a guy who could end up at center in the Packer system.

If you're suggesting him as a guard, but not at center, that might be a little tricky. he isn't explosive, has short arms, and relies strictly on technique to do his job. He might be outmaneuvered at guard.

Later in the draft, a solid option, too early, a reach.

I'll take a bit of a contrary position on Bortolini. I agree his short arms make him more suited to OC but his athleticism will allow him to maybe make it at guard. He can get to the second level and he can make reach blocks.

He's been working with a coach to work on his snapping and it sounds like he's made some progress. He already looked better at the Senior Bowl. I think there was a shortfall in o-line coaching at UW last year. Probably why they made a coaching change.

Bortolini is actually a really solid athlete. He needs to add weight and strength, but he's got elite agility and tested well in the vertical and broad jumps, He ran a fast 40 with an elite 10yd split for his size. You're right that his technique made up for his lack of strength and power but I think if he can add strength, his athletic ability will give him a chance in the NFL.

I agree Rd4 is probably a little early though I could see some team taking him there. I'd be fine with taking him in Rd5 or any time after that.

Last edited:

What does the film say about this guy? He has prototype size and pedigree for a GB corner, plus he's currently injured which they love. Had read some stuff early on that he was not a physical guy or willing tackler but the athleticism is starting to checkout, I can see him being in the mix.

Well the good news is, Nubin went out and tested worse than Kam Kinchens at his pro day, so if one of them is off GB's board, so is the other one.

Maybe GB wants to stay away from all safety in first 3 rounds sign another vet or two

Back