2022 NFL News

Well you just don't overpay to get a QB draft one I rather try to draft one them give a massive overpay
Draft who? The pool is awful. But ok don’t pay and be a 7 win team. Outstanding

Why? It’s called negotiation and posturing.
Because it's called good faith if you want to play out year fine but dont' be an ass and ignore team when they want to try to talk deal

Because it's called good faith if you want to play out year fine but dont' be an ass and ignore team when they want to try to talk deal
Good faith does not exist in contract negotiations, on either side. Never ever play your hand especially in public

Good faith = lose leverage.
Right now is all PR and posturing. Rule #1 is never play your hand early.

The Watson deal while it’s a benchmark it’s really not. He was being traded, he had to basically “approve” the deal (translation who pays up the most ) and it was more of auction than anything.

Also Jackson is his own agent. It’s the agents job to go ghost a team if necessary. It’s common. Crate leverage. It’s nice click bait but it’s really a lot about nothing

Good faith = lose leverage.
Right now is all PR and posturing. Rule #1 is never play your hand early.

The Watson deal while it’s a benchmark it’s really not. He was being traded, he had to basically “approve” the deal (translation who pays up the most ) and it was more of auction than anything.

Also Jackson is his own agent. It’s the agents job to go ghost a team if necessary. It’s common. Crate leverage. It’s nice click bait but it’s really a lot about nothing
Yeah the fully guaranteed QB deals - Cousins and Watson - have been more outliers than anything. The Ravens have tag leverage with Lamar that factors into things, same reason Rodgers was never able to get that fully guaranteed deal in 2018 after Cousins had done it.

I brought up the Jackson thing earlier because I thought it was interesting. I don't know if he's a fox or a fool. It could bite him, and giving in could bite the Ravens if he loses his explosiveness for any reason (age, injury etc)

Yeah the fully guaranteed QB deals - Cousins and Watson - have been more outliers than anything. The Ravens have tag leverage with Lamar that factors into things, same reason Rodgers was never able to get that fully guaranteed deal in 2018 after Cousins had done it.

I brought up the Jackson thing earlier because I thought it was interesting. I don't know if he's a fox or a fool. It could bite him, and giving in could bite the Ravens if he loses his explosiveness for any reason (age, injury etc)
I’m going to cite the Bakhtiari injury here, because his injury happened right after he signed his mega deal. So far the Packers have gotten ZIP in return on that contract, but at least it’s not fully guaranteed which has allowed GB to shift money around to help their cap situation.
When you fully guarantee a contract the team no longer has that flexibility.

I’m going to cite the Bakhtiari injury here, because his injury happened right after he signed his mega deal. So far the Packers have gotten ZIP in return on that contract, but at least it’s not fully guaranteed which has allowed GB to shift money around to help their cap situation.
When you fully guarantee a contract the team no longer has that flexibility.

He signed the deal on November 15, 2020. Tore the ACL on December 31, 2020. Damn I never though of it that way. Holy cow.

Back