2022 Draft Simulator

Every board has people ranked differently.
I've seen where some people believe Olave will still be there in the middle of the 2nd round. I've been looking for that tell that gives them that belief.

I've seen where some people believe Olave will still be there in the middle of the 2nd round. I've been looking for that tell that gives them that belief.
This draft is packed with speed at WR, now there is more to the position than speed. I think he got some low marks for blocking and his hands from some scouts.

Not that Olave won’t be on the Packers radar, but ….. ML kind of likes bigger WR on the boundary to help block in the run game.
Just makes me wonder if the will be looking for that body-type WR in this draft?

Not that Olave won’t be on the Packers radar, but ….. ML kind of likes bigger WR on the boundary to help block in the run game.
Just makes me wonder if the will be looking for that body-type WR in this draft?
Hopefully they see Adams was the only one to be able to get seperation last year and will need someone agil and fast to get open and be able to run routes correct which was another issue with guys last year

Hopefully they see Adams was the only one to be able to get seperation last year and will need someone agil and fast to get open and be able to run routes correct which was another issue with guys last year
That may be true if AR wants to continue to call iso plays which was Davante’s wheel house.
ML’s offense is supposed to “scheme” guys open, rather than have them go man to man against a DB and hope they win. That was MM’s offense

Olave could be there at #22 or #28, or could be gone. Seems to me that most years, this one included, has some top-level talent that fits many/most teams and would go top 10-15 no matter which teams are there. After that, it depends on the teams and what they are looking for at certain positions and also which teams have which needs. There could be a pro-Olave teams with a WR need in that 12-20 range or not. If not, he likely makes it to the Packers.

Then there's the question of his fit for the Packers. They "generally" don't go for the smaller/lighter guys. (Olave is kind of on the border in terms of size.) Plus Olave isn't a great blocker. The thing is, he has the speed and route running skills the Packers do like. Hard to say, but while I'm sure he's on the Packers board, he might not be as high as he is for other teams. I don't see him for the Packers at #22 and maybe not at #28 either.

Other question do the Packers take talent in draft that can help this year or look to say hey Aaron might be gone in 1 year or 2 likel tops. Lets draft talent to run the system ML will want to run after he's gone.

You should always draft talent that fits your scheme.
Don’t try to fit square pegs in round holes
Though what do you do if ML plans to change the scheme more to a run heavy offense after Rodgers is gone?

Back