Connaughton 3yrs/$27m
Portis 2 yrs /$25m
Matthews & Carter minimum
Option 1 Move Middleton / Allen / Hill for Lillard
Option 1B move Allen / Hill / Connaughton for Josh Hart
TPMLE $6.4m
Draft Leonard Miller

Disclaimer: Both trades are at best 20% of happening
Not sure on Connaughton are not him and Allen pretty simiular player?

Connaughton at $27 mill sounds about right. It would all be guaranteed. He would never worry again as to how he'd live. Portis would probably accept the $25 mill, because he seems to love Milwaukee and the resurrection of his career. The money wouldn't be far off, at worst, of his best offers.

Middleton, Allen, and Hill for Lillard? I'd do that. It might not make Giannis happy, but it makes sense. For openers, Carter should have been ahead of Hill in the playoffs. Bad mistake by Bud, even after he saw Hill did not return to form. Secondly, Allen would disappear in games. Become the 12th player, as soon as someone showed tenacity against him. Also good to lose that contract. Middleton's weakness includes inconsistency. It's not from a lack of trying, because he's full bore on every play. A year or two younger than Lillard? Isn't Lillard 31 or 32? What's left in his tank? Two years? Three? I imagine salaries are fairly close.

Under no circumstances do you trade Connaughton. This is one guy who can give you the spark you need from the perimeter, when everyone else is failing. The only thing that stops him from being a 20+ per game player is the number of looks he gets, simply because of his role in the offense. His defense is decent, and his work on the boards is good. You just don't throw a guy like him in on any deal.

Connaughton at $27 mill sounds about right. It would all be guaranteed. He would never worry again as to how he'd live. Portis would probably accept the $25 mill, because he seems to love Milwaukee and the resurrection of his career. The money wouldn't be far off, at worst, of his best offers.

Middleton, Allen, and Hill for Lillard? I'd do that. It might not make Giannis happy, but it makes sense. For openers, Carter should have been ahead of Hill in the playoffs. Bad mistake by Bud, even after he saw Hill did not return to form. Secondly, Allen would disappear in games. Become the 12th player, as soon as someone showed tenacity against him. Also good to lose that contract. Middleton's weakness includes inconsistency. It's not from a lack of trying, because he's full bore on every play. A year or two younger than Lillard? Isn't Lillard 31 or 32? What's left in his tank? Two years? Three? I imagine salaries are fairly close.

Under no circumstances do you trade Connaughton. This is one guy who can give you the spark you need from the perimeter, when everyone else is failing. The only thing that stops him from being a 20+ per game player is the number of looks he gets, simply because of his role in the offense. His defense is decent, and his work on the boards is good. You just don't throw a guy like him in on any deal.
Middleton is a better defender than Dame so there’s a trade off there. My point in dealing him is more future value than the next 2 years. He will be a UFA in 2 years so if it’s long term he needs an extension soon. Basically sell high. If it’s a 2 year short term run I’m not sure I deal him.

Other risk is Dame is much more ball dependent than Middleton. I’ll take that risk but it’s a consideration

My only issue with Connaughton is that he can’t create much off the dribble, Hart can and a more athletic wing opens up the offense. I get the risk but like the reward more. Plus dump 2 contracts

Dame & Giannis are very tight. The Greek guy would love this deal

This team is getting old though need to find some youth

Not sure anyone wants Hill. Would Middleton and Allen be enough or have to offer even more future picks

I think Giannis would love seeing Lillard with the Bucks, but not certain he'd like sacrificing Middleton to do it. They've been joined at the hip for quite some time now. That's my point.

Connaughton stays. If they trade him, they're stupid. They should be able to lock him in on a contract without too much of a problem. He likes where he's at, and seems to like his role, even though it could be a little bigger at times.

I keep thinking about players who say they would love to play with someone else, and when it finally happens, the whole thing falls flat on it's face. Ask the Lakers and Nets about those happenings. Might also ask the 76ers.

Flattering someone as a friend, and playing with them are two different cats, regardless of what anyone says. When you hit the court, it's what you got that matters, and how you continue getting at it. You'd be hard pressed to exceed the intensity of the Giannis/Khris combo, no matter who you paired with either of them.

I think Giannis would love seeing Lillard with the Bucks, but not certain he'd like sacrificing Middleton to do it. They've been joined at the hip for quite some time now. That's my point.

Connaughton stays. If they trade him, they're stupid. They should be able to lock him in on a contract without too much of a problem. He likes where he's at, and seems to like his role, even though it could be a little bigger at times.

I keep thinking about players who say they would love to play with someone else, and when it finally happens, the whole thing falls flat on it's face. Ask the Lakers and Nets about those happenings. Might also ask the 76ers.

Flattering someone as a friend, and playing with them are two different cats, regardless of what anyone says. When you hit the court, it's what you got that matters, and how you continue getting at it. You'd be hard pressed to exceed the intensity of the Giannis/Khris combo, no matter who you paired with either of them.
I’m not advocating dealing Connaughton but if he’s a piece to upgrade this team yeah i have to consider it. This team could get more athletic, that’s probably it’s biggest flaw especially at wing. Currently it’s Allen, Matthews, Connaughton, Norwa. Other than Matthews it’s a liability on defense and not very athletic.

Back