2022 Badger Football Thread

I didn't mean it to sound as if you were stupid. I was referring to the constant juggling to satisfy the media, and what it will end up doing to a lot of the competition. I realize you go on hard facts, based on statistical information, but where this is heading isn't there in numbers, but it's coming. The split in the Big 10 from the start was to enhance competition, through maintaining those historical confrontations. What's next? Teams like OSU and Michigan will say they don't want to play each other during the regular season, simply because they want to turn their game into a showdown after they play the entire slate. Of course the media will love the little darlings for it.

I'd love to see just how horrible the actual TV ratings are for major league baseball teams, and actual numbers who have signed up for premium packages to get their teams. I know it might be significant for some teams, but for others, pretty dismal.

Also, based on what I've been hearing about Sunday Ticket over the years, it's a falling market. There's a limit as to how deep in people's wallets they're going to get. The rebellion is just starting, and a lot of people will opt out of viewing for a year or two if necessary, until the market corrects.

Yet, when I look at the model, where pro and college sports are going, I see nothing but paid subscriptions down the road to watch you favorite teams.
Hard to comp MLB local numbers since that’s an RSN feed so actual distribution is not apples to apples. Bally Premium is essentially streaming so if you have cable it’s a non issue. If you have satellite that’s an issue. I’ll try and pull some numbers

As to Sunday Ticket, the ask is in the ballpark of $3b per year, that’s a big jump over what DTV pays so to say it’s falling is a bit premature. It’s more of a DTV issue

I don’t see a 100% pay model. Cable makes too much off carriage and retransmission fees to let that happen. And paid streaming is ready for a big market correction, churn is really bad

I didn't mean it to sound as if you were stupid. I was referring to the constant juggling to satisfy the media, and what it will end up doing to a lot of the competition. I realize you go on hard facts, based on statistical information, but where this is heading isn't there in numbers, but it's coming. The split in the Big 10 from the start was to enhance competition, through maintaining those historical confrontations. What's next? Teams like OSU and Michigan will say they don't want to play each other during the regular season, simply because they want to turn their game into a showdown after they play the entire slate. Of course the media will love the little darlings for it.

I'd love to see just how horrible the actual TV ratings are for major league baseball teams, and actual numbers who have signed up for premium packages to get their teams. I know it might be significant for some teams, but for others, pretty dismal.

Also, based on what I've been hearing about Sunday Ticket over the years, it's a falling market. There's a limit as to how deep in people's wallets they're going to get. The rebellion is just starting, and a lot of people will opt out of viewing for a year or two if necessary, until the market corrects.

Yet, when I look at the model, where pro and college sports are going, I see nothing but paid subscriptions down the road to watch you favorite teams.
Here is some MLB numbers
Average Viewership
  1. NY Yankees – 205,422
  2. NY Mets – 183,570
  3. Philadelphia Phillies – 129,677
  4. LA Dodgers – 123,079
  5. Houston Astros – 95,091

HH Ratings
  1. St Louis Cardinals – 7.52
  2. Milwaukee Brewers – 5.21
  3. Kansas City Royals – 4.80
  4. San Diego Padres – 4.59
  5. Detroit Tigers – 4.23

Any not. Schedule won’t change, just route to Indy is more complicated
I think Badgers likely to be a 3-4 loss team most years not a new years day 6 more like Dukes Mayo Bowl

I think Badgers likely to be a 3-4 loss team most years not a new years day 6 more like Dukes Mayo Bowl
Why? Schedule won’t change at all. Only change is who gets to Indy

One thing is for sure..... PJ over in Goofer land is on the hot seat. When the Star tribune guys start piling on the clock will start ticking. That was the telling sign before the last two dopes got the ax. Kind of a shame they can't hire a decent HC. Kidding...Row Row that boat until it sinks and all those Gophers drown PJ.

One thing is for sure..... PJ over in Goofer land is on the hot seat. When the Star tribune guys start piling on the clock will start ticking. That was the telling sign before the last two dopes got the ax. Kind of a shame they can't hire a decent HC. Kidding...Row Row that boat until it sinks and all those Gophers drown PJ.
He’s getting major heat from a few former players. One called him a car salesman

Back