2021 Off Season Thread

Isn't there some other way they can accommodate his ego? I just can't believe that the actual dollars mean anything to him at this stage.
Everyone must kneel before him as he walks bye.

Rodgers: "I don’t think that there’s any reason why I wouldn’t be back but there’s not many absolutes in this business." He also said he doesn't feel like he said anything he hasn't said before.

Rodgers: "I don’t think that there’s any reason why I wouldn’t be back but there’s not many absolutes in this business." He also said he doesn't feel like he said anything he hasn't said before.
He was ticked and blurted out what was on his mind for real ....I get it. He's also not dumb and sees the writing on the wall and the Packers window closing. Still, if the contract thing is true...we have a problem.

Murphy said he’s back next year. Can’t put it more blunt than that.

Even if he’s back next year, there was no mention of anything beyond next year

Even if he’s back next year, there was no mention of anything beyond next year
Think we are at the point like Favre will play the retirement game each year for the next 2-3 seasons.

Rodgers will be back. He'll play out his contract. His last year in GB will be a protection year for him. Don't look for him to take hits, or be that much of a play maker. He's going to protect his body so he can pull a 2 year contract somewhere else, loaded with goal oriented bonuses that will break the bank.

Why do I say this? I think Rodgers will be out to prove that it wasn't him that was the problem in getting over the top, it was coaching and the people doing the drafting. It's a little like Brady in some ways. Proving a point. Brady left NE, choosing the Bucs, because he knew they were loaded and needed a QB. He wanted to prove it was him, not Belichek who kept the Pats winning. Brady and Rodgers have the egos to match that belief.

Since Rodgers has seen how it's working for Brady won't hesitate for a heartbeat to do the same thing.

Back