2021 Off Season Thread

Not convinced yet on Adams. We have heard this song and dance so many times from Russ Ball, and then they always fold in the end.
Will Adams be willing to talk though again? Many times once a season starts a player cuts off all talks will Adams be willing to talk again before the season starts? Figure Adams and his agent starting point is north of the $60 million guaranteed and the $27.25 average that Hopkins got. Would you give Adams say 4 years $110 million $62-65 guaranteed?

Will Adams be willing to talk though again? Many times once a season starts a player cuts off all talks will Adams be willing to talk again before the season starts? Figure Adams and his agent starting point is north of the $60 million guaranteed and the $27.25 average that Hopkins got. Would you give Adams say 4 years $110 million $62-65 guaranteed?

I don't know what I would do, I don't think of the Packers like that. I do think it's normal to break off talks but keep an ear open if the team is willing to move in your direction in a big way, unless the player just says he's done (which hasn't been said here).

unless the player just says he's done (which hasn't been said here).
not in so many words, but . . . supposedly, he said some cryptic things over the last week, and he changed his instagram picture to a black circle (fwiw).

Not convinced yet on Adams. We have heard this song and dance so many times from Russ Ball, and then they always fold in the end.

Just off the top of my head, the same things were written about Nick Collins, Sam Shields, Greg Jennings, Bakhtiari and Kenny Clark. Could be more.
29-year-old WR..... he wants over 20 M per season...... bad juju

If you trade Rodgers and Adams it's possible you could head into 2022 draft with 3 or 4 1st round picks inclunding their own.

If you trade Rodgers and Adams it's possible you could head into 2022 draft with 3 or 4 1st round picks inclunding their own.
And it’s possible it’s a 8-9 win team also. Let’s see how it plays out

29-year-old WR..... he wants over 20 M per season...... bad juju
Structure and guaranteed money is everything, of course, but if Adams wants to beat Hopkins in annual value, that's pushing $30m per season. That's closing in on QB money. Kinda crazy even without Rodgers, with Rodgers I mean, you're going to pay two starting QB salaries? Let's not lose the plot here...

If you sign Adams to a mega-deal and still have Rodgers on your roster they would account for nearly 1/3 of the 2022 salary cap.

Insanely stupid.

Back