2021 Hired and Fired Thread

Jags getting #1 pick and a new coaching staff.

I wonder if they hire a coach that can fine tune Lawrence into an NFL household name, or if they will find a different coach, who's willing to accept a trade down, and a raft of talent below that pick, to accomplish a turn around.

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but from this day on, I'd be dangling that pick out there like a carrot, saying that it's available, but for the right price. It would be better to get a boat load of talent, and possibly a franchise QB later in the first round, than put the whole thing on one player.

I think about Rodgers going late in the first, and Josh Allen the 3rd QB picked?? (I think this is right) in the 2018 NFL draft. Ahead of him, Mayfield and Darnold I believe?
If Lawrence is not the #1 pick the franchise should fold.

I'd agree, except they could drop down a few spots and still get a potential franchise QB, and a ton of additional picks.

I just don't count on anything out of the Jags.

I'd agree, except they could drop down a few spots and still get a potential franchise QB, and a ton of additional picks.

Potential is a scary word. Personally the drop off from Lawrence to the next guy is a bit steep

Going from Lawrence to take Fields,Lance,Wilson would be like like passing up a Porsche to get two Kia's.

Going from Lawrence to take Fields,Lance,Wilson would be like like passing up a Porsche to get two Kia's.
It's kind of what I'd expect out of the Jags. But, in all honesty, I think Wilson could be the next Josh Allen.

Just my opinion.

I agree TW, to a certain extent. If I'm the Jags, I take Lawrence. That said, nobody knows who the other good QB could be in the 2021 draft and that's assuming Lawrence proves to be as good as he's looked to this point and continues to develop.

Last draft, lots of people, including me were not real high on Justin Herbert. While Burrow and Tua have played well for rookies, Herbert has (IMO) been the best of the rookie QBs. Very likely he'll be ROY. We'll see if he can stay on that trajectory but if he does he'll have been a steal at #6.

So, while I'd say the percentage play is just to take Lawrence at #1, a betting man might gamble on trading down a few spots, take the next best QB on your board and build a better "team". You might win big . . . or it could get your ass fired pretty quickly.

I agree TW, to a certain extent. If I'm the Jags, I take Lawrence. That said, nobody knows who the other good QB could be in the 2021 draft and that's assuming Lawrence proves to be as good as he's looked to this point and continues to develop.

Last draft, lots of people, including me were not real high on Justin Herbert. While Burrow and Tua have played well for rookies, Herbert has (IMO) been the best of the rookie QBs. Very likely he'll be ROY. We'll see if he can stay on that trajectory but if he does he'll have been a steal at #6.

So, while I'd say the percentage play is just to take Lawrence at #1, a betting man might gamble on trading down a few spots, take the next best QB on your board and build a better "team". You might win big . . . or it could get your ass fired pretty quickly.
Exactly my point. There's no guarantee Lawrence will be great. Trade down, and still get Wilson? I'd do it in a heartbeat. Of course, to insure you got him, you'd need to believe that Fields, and Lance would be on the board to insure you didn't lose what you wanted.

I believe that there could be 4 picks other than QB in the top 6. I think Patrick Surtain is one of them. He's going to be something else in the NFL.

Three teams have requested HC interviews with Chiefs' OC Eric Bieniemy so far: the Falcons, Lions and Jets, per source. If I am bieniemy none of those jobs interest me.

Back