2019 Poll #2: Movers and Shakers

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Gosh, sorry guys. This sat unposted at the end of last week, and I hadn't finished the commentary on it yet.

The going got a little tougher for some of our unbeatens, especially outside the power five. Pitt doesn’t make the rankings this week, but they keep their reputation as giant slayers, even if this giant (UCF) only had four heads instead of five.
Other teams rolled, either proving that they’re the real deal or that someone else maaaaaybe was a little overhyped this year. Let’s take a look.

1. Clemson—took a break from their tough schedule to down a cupcake, but here’s where the ACC may cause them some issues. Currently nobody on the remaining schedule is ranked, and only one team faced previously is still ranked (though I’m not sure why). They’ve got to keep rolling and smashing everyone to keep the top spot (Last: 1)
  2. Alabama—kicking the crap out of Brett Favre’s alam mater earns no points here, but nobody else has looked as close to Clemson as the Tide (though Ohio State is creeping up there). Speaking of Texas A&M still being ranked (again, why?) the Aggies are the only ranked opponent on ‘Bama’s schedule between now and LSU in early November. The SEC is tough on top, but the rest of the conference appears to be hot garbage this season. (Last: 2)
  3. Oklahoma—a good reminder that once a team makes the poll, they don’t get moved on a bye week, even if the team behind them has shown me something more. (Last: 3)
  4. Wisconsin—my poll, my ranking, Ann Arbor is a Whore, and On Wisconsin (last: 13)
  5. Ohio State—when you don’t play a somebody, the outcome should look like this one. Surprised that Miami (OH) scored 5, even more surprised that they all came in the 1st instead of garbage time. I’d have moved ahead of OU, but I don’t like moving inactive teams. (last: 4)
  6. LSU—when you play a team at the bottom of your conference, the outcome should look like that. (last: 5)
  7. Boise St—I don’t want to say that I’m biased against the SEC, but it’s not possible for the top of the conference to be that good compared to everyone else in the country. I’d argue that Boise St has played a tougher schedule than Florida so far, but I don’t crunch the numbers on that stuff til the end of the year. (last: 11)
  8. Georgia—it was an exciting game, I’ll say that. Now the dregs of the SEC East until Florida in early November. (last: 10)
  9. Auburn—I can't quite tell if these guys are for real or not, but I like them more than Florida and they certainly seem a little tougher. (last: 9)
  10. Virginia—I’m more impressed with their 4-0 start than anybody else not on this list. If they get to 5-0 color me surprised. But this is in a bubble, and body of work to date. Good road wins, good conference wins. I’ll take it. (last: NR)

Oops, I had thought I had posted this, so I’ll keep it short this time and skip the commentary that is now irrelevant (thanks a lot Virginia) and we’ll get started on poll #3!

Reactions: TW
Law school is proving to be a bigger hindrance than I originally thought.

Reactions: TW
Law school is proving to be a bigger hindrance than I originally thought.

Congratulations on your chosen path. Most people shy away from things that difficult. It takes dedication to choose that direction.

Back