Practice Starts at: 10:15 AM CDT
- No Pads Today...it's also mostly low-pace walkthroughs and a short/boring practice in preparation for family night tomorrow.
- Packers claimed DE Markus Jones off waivers from Baltimore yesterday. He’s wearing No. 59 today.
- CB Javien Hamilton was waived/injured off the team.
Injuries: Matt LaFleur (Achilles-pretty serious), K Mason Crosby (Calf-not serious-NFI), CB Josh Jackson (Foot-not serious-NFI), LB Kendall Donnerson (Hamstring), DL Fadol Brown (Calf), RB Jamaal Williams(Hamstring), OL Jason Spriggs (Trapezius), LB Greg Roberts (PUP)
- Aaron Jones is here but ran right into the Hutson Center. Not on the field for opening stretch. Looks like he’s out another day.
- Rodgers with a dime to MVS. MVS very strong at the catch point vs. Hollman.
- Hollman getting picked on after becoming a camp darling. Kizer and Kumerow get him this time on a crosser.
- Robert Tonyan & Evan Baylis with some early reps.
- Rodgers fires one of the fastest short-area passes I’ve seen in a 7 on 7 period. Adams catches with his hands extended. Perfect.
- Aaron Rodgers just handed off to his fullback during a two-minute drill. I repeat, Danny Vitale got a carry during a two-minute drill.
- Half-speed two minute but Rodgers still gets the rookie Gary to jump the snap. Rodgers hit Graham for a TD up the seam on a free play from 1st and goal with 7 secs left.
- Graham and Lewis getting goal line work.
- Justin McCray working as an extra tackle in goal line work.
- HC Matt LaFleur dialed back today, with all periods basically at half speed.
- Josh Jones is back at work after getting put in a timeout yesterday.
- Kevin King is back in team drills today.
- Nice coverage by Tony Brown on EQ. Brown having a nice camp.
- Savage back working with the 1s for all team walkthrough stuff, which has essentially been this entire practice.
- Rashan Gary continues to get looks on the kickoff return blocking unit.
Za’Darius Smith‘s reaction when he realized he almost walked into practice without giving his kid’s bike back.
Kenny Clark and the Packers' DL. Video.
MVS has a good role model in Tae.
Practice has ended at: 11:49 AM 1 hrs 34 min
Next event is: Training Camp: Family Night Tomorrow (8/2) at 7:30 PM CDT
Press Conference Notes:
- On the menu for Packers Family Night tomorrow: a couple scripted periods, move-the-ball periods and two-minute drill, according to Matt LaFleur. He said it’ll be a “good dress rehearsal” for the opening preseason game.
- Our guy's pretty good at his cadence," -- Matt LaFleur talking about Aaron Rodgers getting Rashan Gary to jump.
- LaFleur said some of the communication with Rodgers on the walkie talkie hasn’t been clear and is different than it will be in a game. It has caused a few delays.
- Matt LaFleur on Mason Crosby’s progress (he’s missed first seven practices with calf injury): “It sounds like he’s been running better. It’s only a matter of time.”
- LaFleur: "I love everything about Jaire (Alexander). Brings great energy every day. I think he's going to establish himself as a leader on this defense room."
- LaFleur will have college refs at Family Night tomorrow and NFL refs at joint practices vs. Texans next week.
- Rodgers says Tony Brown talks the most out of all the DBs. Said it’s nice to complete one on him so he shuts up for a little bit.
- Fun story: Packers had spelling bee this week. Came down to Aaron Rodgers v Mike Pettine. Back n forth, had to flip coin. Pettine won toss, got choice of whether to spell the word or defer. Pettine took the ball, er, word: “conscientious.” Pettine spelled it right. D wins again.