2019 Draft Resources

rpiotr01

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Curious where everyone goes for their draft news and player evals? There's (what appears to me to be) a new-ish site called thedraftnetwork.com, the layout is pretty good and it's updated often with mocks, evaluations and articles, but I don't know if the quality of their evaluations is any good.

Where else do you all cruise for draft info?

I used to like Walt's, because there was a lot of content and there was new stuff to read and consider daily. Before Charlie Campbell got there though, some of his stuff just seemed like he was pasting from other sites and didn't really do much of his own evaluation. I suspect Charlie has added good content. Now it's just a big ad-fest and has slowed down so much for me that it's a pain to navigate. I need a much faster connection before I go there often. I still go there some but not as much.

I like The Huddle Report. They do their own evaluations and can be a little offbeat at times, but they have some good info and evaluate the accuracy of their own mocks after the draft and also how accurate other mocks are. It can be useful to know how good the sites are in their mocks and evaluations. Used to be you had to pay for most of their stuff, but it seems like it's all free now.

The Draft Network is my new daily go to. They have new articles and evaluations every day and clearly are doing their own. Not sure of their background and how good they are, but there sure is a lot of content to read and compare to other sites. They are clearly working hard at it.

Ourlads is great and I purchased their stuff once, but at the time I didn't really have time to digest it all. Maybe I'll spring for it again one of these years as I have a little more time now. They have some good stuff but a lot of the best content is available only by subscription.

There are a few other sites I check out once in a while but they don't have new stuff too often - Great Blue North, Draft Countdown.

A few years back it bloomed to over 2400 sites. A lot of the original and trusted sites either are gone, guys retired, or like Palmers who passed away a couple of years back.

I'm still old schooled and trust myself first and then compare against my trusted sites....some have been listed others not. And I use different sites for different things. Used to do full nfl drafts and live mocks with fellow colleague Rob Rang and others. (Rob and I used trade info and reports and would be a ghost writer for him before CBS back in late 90's)

Anyways have laid back last few years but got back in it proactive this year.

That is really cool, I have been reading Rob Rang work with CBS and more recent at Draft Scout. I am happy to hear you are getting back into it and I look forward to seeing your work product.

Charlie Campbell's latest mock has the Seahawks taking Ferrell in the 20's and the Packers taking Deionte Thompson in the 3rd round. What on earth?? :oops:

Back