Young QB Tim Boyle gives Packers a do-over for Taysom Hill

Very simple.... he has to win. He can't lose again and get a long term deal. Win your in... lose he's out.

I believe that's true. I think he'd be given a pass at 9-7, possibly even at 8-8. Below that? Look for a job. The whole power structure will change, and we'll see Gutey being the guy looking at who will be the new HC. Since I'm not certain how much input Gutey had on hiring Pettine, that too could become an issue. This is such a strange year in evaluating what's happening. Kind of like the dumb idea that was floated years ago about having two head coaches, running offense and defense. It didn't make sense, because it was redundant to the present system with a HC and two coordinators.

Sometimes these things end up being over thought.

I believe that's true. I think he'd be given a pass at 9-7, possibly even at 8-8. Below that? Look for a job. The whole power structure will change, and we'll see Gutey being the guy looking at who will be the new HC. Since I'm not certain how much input Gutey had on hiring Pettine, that too could become an issue. This is such a strange year in evaluating what's happening. Kind of like the dumb idea that was floated years ago about having two head coaches, running offense and defense. It didn't make sense, because it was redundant to the present system with a HC and two coordinators.

Sometimes these things end up being over thought.
Gutey has no say so per say in this structure. Murphy will hire/fire. Gutey is a glorified player personal guy now. This is the Mark Murphy show.

Gutey has no say so per say in this structure. Murphy will hire/fire. Gutey is a glorified player personal guy now. This is the Mark Murphy show.

That's what I see too. Yet, I wonder if Murphy didn't set it up that way so McCarthy could fail on is own, and Gutey could step in as GM without all the hassle, if/when it happens. It does create a firewall for him, because like you said, he's a glorified player personnel guy now. It's all on Murphy, and he's going to do what he thinks best for Mark Murphy's future and control of all things Packers.

Back