With Their First Pick in the 2024 Draft GB Selects OT Jordan Morgan

First time I believe in 8 years a team stood at 8 and made the pick instead of it being traded.

I was fairly confident it would be either an OL or S/CB guy. These were the two major needs, in my opinion. I didn't get it right on Morgan, but he was on the list that I thought would be a good choice. But, I figured in the second round with him. Must be something about him Gute saw as special.

Hopefully Gute got it right. Maybe Morgan can stick at OT, but I'm just a little skeptical. Just like I was skeptical about Graham Barton, because his physical measurables are nearly identical to Morgan. On the plus side, both are physical clones of David Bahktiari, so maybe it'll work out. Hopefully Morgan will be even better and stronger this coming season after some more time removed from his ACL repair.

Hopefully Gute got it right. Maybe Morgan can stick at OT, but I'm just a little skeptical. Just like I was skeptical about Graham Barton, because his physical measurables are nearly identical to Morgan. On the plus side, both are physical clones of David Bahktiari, so maybe it'll work out. Hopefully Morgan will be even better and stronger this coming season after some more time removed from his ACL repair.
The measurables are a little overblown for me. Arm length is a little below threshold but his overall wingspan isn’t. He’s built long, if that makes sense. It’s less than an inch under Guyton, who is 3 inches taller. Mims is a freak show but Morgan’s wingspan is longer than Fuaga. I’m more concerned with play strength and ability to reset feet. And that’s just an impression I have, I don’t have access to tape or anything

I just don't understand all the people crapping on the pick you had only Barton and Guyton left before the OL talent fell off a cliff. Barton was a IOL and Packers felt Morgan had more upside then Guyton. Though the crazies on social media telling me oh GB has good OL depth they could have waited to 3rd round to add more and needed to fix CB and should have taken DeJean. :rolleyes:

I just don't understand all the people crapping on the pick you had only Barton and Guyton left before the OL talent fell off a cliff. Barton was a IOL and Packers felt Morgan had more upside then Guyton. Though the crazies on social media telling me oh GB has good OL depth they could have waited to 3rd round to add more and needed to fix CB and should have taken DeJean. :rolleyes:
Usually I’m one of those crazies for Packers first round picks but I actually like this one. He fits what they need. Sure we could nit pick the differences but it’s not like this was a reach or anything.

Ken Ingalls on twitter says take two quarters put them together and look at them. He says that's the length of people saying Morgan's arms are to short to play OT because of they are not the length most teams want a players arms to be.

Back