With Pick 1 In Round 4 GB Selects Vince Biegel OLB Wisconsin

From nfl.com

Sounds a lot more like a candidate to move inside to me.. The thing i keep reading is lack of power and not as strong... Which is not something you want in your outside rusher. he sounds alot like a 4th round AJ Hawk.. Like most 4th rounders he could definitely have an impact if he can improve some things. But could also just as easily flame out...

Or a 4th round Kyler Fackrell, which we already have.

Or a 4th round Kyler Fackrell, which we already have.

i wasn't going to bring it up but we have some recent history of fourth round linebackers to look at:

2014: carl bradford
2015: jake ryan
2016: blake martinez

so far, how's that working out?

IIRC...Ryan and Fackrell were just getting back to full speed at the end of their collegiate careers after suffering injuries their junior years. Same as Biegel. I think Ryan has gotten better and am excited to see Fackrell this year after a year in an NFL weightroom. I also think that people gloss over the fact that we lacked push up the middle last year. QBs routinely just stepped up to deliver daggers to our overmatched secondary. Hoping Lowry (after a year of NFL weights) and Adams can provide reps and depth to our pass rush.
I'm always amazed that most folks agree you can't judge a draft class until three years down the road, but so many pass judgement after one or two years. I'm looking for Randall and Rollins to show marked improvement. Along with Fackrell, Lowry and Clark.

I'm always amazed that most folks agree you can't judge a draft class until three years down the road, but so many pass judgement after one or two years. I'm looking for Randall and Rollins to show marked improvement. Along with Fackrell, Lowry and Clark.

i agree with that, but certainly bradford had three years.

actually though, i'm much higher on ryan and martinez than most folks here.

Is Fackrell going to have an impact or flame out? :)
In my quest for more understanding of the Pack's defense I came across a scout's (sorry I can't remember where) write up of Fackrell.
He didn't expect a lot out of him in his rookie year due to lack of weight lifting, but was very impressed with his fluid hips and ability to turn and cover. I'm hoping/expecting that he is being coached (?) this offseason and will surprise us with his play this coming season. His measurables are very good and like rpiotr01 said- his success will have a lot to do with our pass rush success.
Beigel has tight hips, but he has that nonstop motor. Here's hoping!

Back