Wisconsin hires former Green Bay WR Coach Alvis Whitted

well he did a fantastic job with developing our receivers not named adams. should be great for the badgers.

It's going to be interesting seeing what he brings to the table.

He's not going to be another Gilmore. But, with his credentials, in the NFL, he brings a cred to the table that can translate into getting recruits to Madison.

I think he can give candidates an honest appraisal of what they need to do, at a college level, to take the next step. He could be there, to help them reach that goal.

We're going to have to take the same approach with him as we had with Jim. People wondered what he brought to the table, but that was dispelled fast. We knew, within a few games. I'd guess Jim knows whether Whitted was a good choice or not. I doubt they'd have gotten someone he didn't believe could do the job.

Yes, he can! He may be a better recruiter than the guy who left and is 100% a better coach.

It isn't often that the loss of a good coach/recruiter is beneficial for a college team. I this case, based on what you said, the Badgers are going to see improvement in this area. Can you give us any idea where Whitted's biggest area to draw from will be? My guess, NC.

From the week before he left CSU for GB>>>>

Whitted stuck around long enough to sign multiple 2019 wide receivers with Power 5 attention — Ty McCullouch (Rancho Verde HS, Calif.), Jaylen Hearst (Fossil Ridge HS, Texas) and Dante Wright (Navarre HS, Fla.) — in the early December period.

All three zones are good recruiting areas. Let's see where it goes. Could be interesting.

I'm guessing North Carolina, and Wisconsin has done a pretty good job there as well recently with Gio Paez, Devin Chandler and others.

I really like the pedigree in developing All-American receivers at CSU. Gallup's a standout wide out with the Cowboys, and he also has three other players he mentored playing on Sundays.

Back