Wisconsin Football: Mertz drops the Mayo Bowl trophy

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Wisconsin football team came out of the Duke’s Mayo Bowl with a win, but will still leave Charlotte empty-handed. The Wisconsin football team won the Duke’s Mayo Bowl over the Wake Forest Demon Deacons. Afterward, the players gathered in the locker room to celebrate. Quarterback Graham Mertz was dancing with the Mayo Bowl Trophy […]

Wisconsin Football: Mertz drops the Mayo Bowl trophy - Badger of Honor - Badger of Honor - A Wisconsin Badgers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Continue reading...

Ross Tucker

@RossTuckerNFL
· 8h
Biggest takeaway from Wisconsin vs. Wake Forest game is that mayonnaise is gross. If you like mayo you are: 1. Wrong 2. You should feel bad

Ross Tucker

@RossTuckerNFL
· 8h
Biggest takeaway from Wisconsin vs. Wake Forest game is that mayonnaise is gross. If you like mayo you are: 1. Wrong 2. You should feel bad
Dukes Mayo rocks. We have 2 jars in the house

Never had Duke's before. Have a jar on order for pick up this morning at H E B. Gotta try it.

On Mertz. That was just plain stupid on his part. How damned ignorant can anyone be?

I had high hopes for him coming in, but I'm beginning to wonder where the heck his mind is at? He seems to play with that same level of ignorance on the field since the second game he played.

Hands of gold!!! I don’t think so... the coach is a clown thinking mertz is the future

watching the videos, it doesn't look like he actually dropped it. it looks like the crystal portion fell off of the metal base. i'm not so sure that was his fault. but then again, i couldn't see for sure what exactly happened. i just know that the base of the trophy was still in his hands when he turned around.

The glass football sits in a tee. It's not attached. He must have known that. It was a careless act. When you have something valuable in your hands, treat it with the respect it deserves.

That's a simple philosophy in life we should all be able to understand. Nobody should make excuses for him. He should face the facts, and deal with it.

He's a kid. He's learning. He's going to do stupid things. By next fall, when the Badgers take the field, it's possible all those things will be in his rear view mirror. At least Chryst will do everything he can to make sure that's the case, because the kid does have a hell of a lot of talent.

That said, I hope he doesn't decide he's a fish out of water, and transfer out of Madison. The talent is there. He showed how he could play in his first game under center. He just needs to have his mental maturity catch up with the skills he actually has.

He may well have the most untapped capability of all but a handful of players who played the position at Wisconsin. We need to see if it can be harnessed.

The glass football sits in a tee. It's not attached. He must have known that. It was a careless act. When you have something valuable in your hands, treat it with the respect it deserves.

That's a simple philosophy in life we should all be able to understand. Nobody should make excuses for him. He should face the facts, and deal with it.

He's a kid. He's learning. He's going to do stupid things. By next fall, when the Badgers take the field, it's possible all those things will be in his rear view mirror. At least Chryst will do everything he can to make sure that's the case, because the kid does have a hell of a lot of talent.

That said, I hope he doesn't decide he's a fish out of water, and transfer out of Madison. The talent is there. He showed how he could play in his first game under center. He just needs to have his mental maturity catch up with the skills he actually has.

He may well have the most untapped capability of all but a handful of players who played the position at Wisconsin. We need to see if it can be harnessed.
It’s only human nature to hear the “savior” talk and read the press clippings. Expectations are/were way to high. Now add in a backfield that is not up to UW standards, a mediocre WR group and as Mark has noted a system / scheme that was at best questionable. I like the kid, he’s not Trevor Lawrence and probably won’t be but that’s ok. If he’s Kyle Trask I will be thrilled.

Hands of gold!!! I don’t think so... the coach is a clown thinking mertz is the future
He's a solid kid but he needs a real QB coach and some WR... my god he's throwing to walk on's except 1 vs the other teams starting CB for 4 weeks. Let's see what he looks like in a normal season with his regular starting 11.

Back