Wisconsin Football: How has Wisconsin fared historically vs. Illinois?

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Wisconsin football takes on Illinois this Friday. This series history goes quite a ways back. Illinois and Wisconsin football goes a long ways back. They first met back on October 26, 1895, where the game ended in a 10-10 tie. Generally, this is a relatively even series. Wisconsin football leads the entire series 42-37-7. Up […]

Wisconsin Football: How has Wisconsin fared historically vs. Illinois? - Badger of Honor - Badger of Honor - A Wisconsin Badgers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Continue reading...

Badgers need to start out strong, have a super running game, Mertz needs to show he can throw guys open, and the long ball. On defense, we need to prove we can stuff the run, and put pressure on the QB. We have a solid secondary, so they can make plays.

Priority #1. Mertz needs to show the leadership needed to move this team. Essentially, this is his real coming out party. He needs to shine.

Badgers need to start out strong, have a super running game, Mertz needs to show he can throw guys open, and the long ball. On defense, we need to prove we can stuff the run, and put pressure on the QB. We have a solid secondary, so they can make plays.

Priority #1. Mertz needs to show the leadership needed to move this team. Essentially, this is his real coming out party. He needs to shine.
Yup

Easier said than done re: this WR group is at best average. Production needs to come out of TE and RB. Defense will be fine, depth across DL is best in years and Herbig will be a stud. LB group is ok with Sanborn but depth might be questionable

I don't think this receivers group is all that bad to be honest. I think they'll be fine. We're going to find out real soon. I do believe though that the TE will be key to helping WRs having better days. Ferguson is good enough to make that happen.

Back