Wisconsin Football: Badgers take on the Wildcats

Well when your 1 & 2 WR are out its not ideal. And your TE is banged up. They turned the ball over 5 times. And how many penalties? We were behind the chains way to much. We feasted on some pedestrian defenses. Move on, next game

I agree. I just believe that you were correct with your thought to throw it early to get ahead and put the pressure on NW. Seems like we played into their hands a bit.

And, yes, we were shorthanded. But, holy cow, I don't think anybody thought it would be that bad.

And, you are correct. 5 minutes of pity is over. On to next week.

Defense played well, despite the penalties. Too many missing pieces on an offense that was already stretched thin at all receiving positions. A QB who obviously is still recovering from the effects of the virus.

Accept it and move on.

Defense played well, despite the penalties. Too many missing pieces on an offense that was already stretched thin at all receiving positions. A QB who obviously is still recovering from the effects of the virus.

Accept it and move on.
No a QB who is a RS Freshman against maybe the best defense in the conference. Too many times he forced thing but that’s part of the learning experience. One INT was not on him but the other 2 were just bad throws. Just need more help at WR. it’s one game

I didn't really analyze it in any detail, but Hankwitz seemed to make one small adjustment after that first Badger touchdown. Early on he was having everyone crash down including both safeties on running plays and he got burned. After that he was a little more willing to give up some running yards to not give up anything in the passing game by keeping a least one safety in position to cover downfield.

He was rewarded because despite having a deep group of "capable" backs there is at this time no "special" back for UW. NW gave up some yards but none of the Badger running backs had that special ability to slip that one last tackle and break a long one.

With better WRs they might still have gotten it done, but when you are relying on guys like Dunn and Krumholz to be important contributors, that's a problem. They seem to have completely wiffed on two years worth of WR recruits. There are no sophomore or junior WRs making any contributions.

He was rewarded because despite having a deep group of "capable" backs there is at this time no "special" back for UW. NW gave up some yards but none of the Badger running backs had that special ability to slip that one last tackle and break a long one.

I have seen enough of Watson to know he does not have that 2nd or 3rd gear to explode. At his point I get Berger as many touches as possible both as a pure RB, but split him out and get him in space.

This unfortunately this is growing pains with upside youth at WR (Dike) TE (Rucci) and QB.

I have seen enough of Watson to know he does not have that 2nd or 3rd gear to explode. At his point I get Berger as many touches as possible both as a pure RB, but split him out and get him in space.

This unfortunately this is growing pains with upside youth at WR (Dike) TE (Rucci) and QB.

I was high on Watson, having watched him a lot in HS. He's not fast, but is a good power runner. The problem is, he doesn't seem to be able to read the blocks in front of him and the defenses, so getting to the 2nd level is difficult. Berger has, as you said, 2nd & 3rd gear, and reads his blocks well. Has better cutting ability. I believe that Watson gets shuffled back to #3 RB on the depth chart real soon. Should already happen.

Back