Wisconsin Football: Badgers flip receiver Chris Brooks from Yale

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Wisconsin football team is not done with their 2022 recruiting class quite yet. With National Signing Day coming tomorrow, the Badgers are getting some work done at the last second. Despite bringing in receiver Keontez Lewis from the transfer portal and even switching cornerback Dean Engram to wide receiver, the Wisconsin football team is […]

Wisconsin Football: Badgers flip receiver Chris Brooks from Yale - Badger of Honor - Badger of Honor - A Wisconsin Badgers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Continue reading...

Well, Brooks certainly adds some size to the WR room. (Lewis and incoming recruits McIntosh and Anthony do as well.) Hopefully one of these guys can get it done. I'm happy Brooks was added but that's tempered by realizing that UW was his only power-5 offer. Now, maybe other schools passed because he committed to Yale last summer and teams just stopped looking at him. To their credit Bucky kept on pursuing him.

That whole WR room will look different next year. Three incoming freshman are all 6'1" or taller. Lewis transfering from UCLA is 6'3". Dike and Allen the top returning guys are 6'1". They will definitely have more size at the position than in the past few years, something Whitted, the WR coach apparently prefers.

The one oddity is Dean Engram supposedly moving from CB to WR which is interesting because he's only 5'9". Not one of the taller guys. Maybe Bobby Engram the new OC has some thoughts on how to utilize him.

Well, Brooks certainly adds some size to the WR room. (Lewis and incoming recruits McIntosh and Anthony do as well.) Hopefully one of these guys can get it done. I'm happy Brooks was added but that's tempered by realizing that UW was his only power-5 offer. Now, maybe other schools passed because he committed to Yale last summer and teams just stopped looking at him. To their credit Bucky kept on pursuing him.

That whole WR room will look different next year. Three incoming freshman are all 6'1" or taller. Lewis transfering from UCLA is 6'3". Dike and Allen the top returning guys are 6'1". They will definitely have more size at the position than in the past few years, something Whitted, the WR coach apparently prefers.

The one oddity is Dean Engram supposedly moving from CB to WR which is interesting because he's only 5'9". Not one of the taller guys. Maybe Bobby Engram the new OC has some thoughts on how to utilize him.
Dike and Allen to me bring more than Pryor and Davis brought, maybe more raw but more physical.

The Engram thing might have been more about numbers. The WR room needs more bodies

The Engram thing might have been more about numbers. The WR room needs more bodies

That's kind of a toss-up. The CB room wasn't exactly overflowing between the guys leaving via graduation and the transfer portal. Still you might be right as they are bringing in several experienced CBs via the portal though it's maybe not so much a numbers thing as an experience thing.

That's kind of a toss-up. The CB room wasn't exactly overflowing between the guys leaving via graduation and the transfer portal. Still you might be right as they are bringing in several experienced CBs via the portal though it's maybe not so much a numbers thing as an experience thing.
Yeah combo of numbers and experience was my thinking. Dort probably starts on one side

Engram at CB would be a problem. At 5-9, 160#, not big enough to compete against the taller, heavier WRs out there. His moving to WR makes sense, if he has the hands.

I didn't check to see what his 40 time was, but I'd bet it's a solidly low number. He could be a productive member of the offense.

Looks like we picked up 3 CB’s in the portal. Shaw and Dort probably start and Clark brings some depth so might help explain both the numbers question and experience

Looks like we picked up 3 CB’s in the portal. Shaw and Dort probably start and Clark brings some depth so might help explain both the numbers question and experience
Sounds like Badgers D should be good again next year

Sounds like Badgers D should be good again next year
A darn good Badgers D has become a staple, year in and year out. JL has done a wonderful job. These pickups will help continue that stability.

Back