Wisconsin could make it to the college playoffs

Of course it probably won't happen. Everyone knows that. It's just a possible scenario. As for OU and UGA, I said they'd lose, so they'd all be 2 loss teams except Baylor. You missed that?

Of course it probably won't happen. Everyone knows that. It's just a possible scenario. As for OU and UGA, I said they'd lose, so they'd all be 2 loss teams except Baylor. You missed that?

Baylor and OU both have 1 loss, so Big 12 Champ will be at 1 loss and both a ranked ahead of UW

I cant see the committee jumping a 2 loss UW (yep even if they beat OSU) over a 1 loss conference champ

I can see the committee "possibly" jumping over Baylor. The NCAA isn't happy with Baylor and the way the investigation has gone within the school. They could use this as a way to get to them. The NCAA does what they want to do, so let's see what happens. I don't know anyone who would say it's great seeing Baylor playing for a national championship when there's so many charges and problems with their program still unanswered.

If I were on the committee, and it came to any other team and Baylor, I would automatically choose the other team, simply because the Baylor program is dirty, and has been for a long time.

Except the NCAA does not control the committee since its not technically an NCAA Championship event. Was Baylor dirty sure no doubt but this staff and new administration has cleaned up the program and Matt Rhule has been there for 3 years so its a non issue

The committee basically assured UW of a New Year 6 bowl last night being at 8 and PSU at 10 and with the comments from the committee chair in regards to UW even a 20 point loss should not drop UW below PSU.
UW has always traveled strong probably would play into how Badgers get ranked.

Is Baylor bowl eligible?

Yes, though that could change by next year. But for this season they're eligible.

I have not included them in my polls or 16-team playoff predictions b/c for me they got banned in 2016 and will resume play in 2021

UW has always traveled strong probably would play into how Badgers get ranked.
I can guarantee you the committee does not look at fan bases and how they travel when ranking teams.

Back