Wisconsin Basketball Position Preview: Point Guard

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Key Losses Bronson Koenig Replacing a player like Koenig is not an easy task. As the best shot creator on the team, Koenig averaged a team-high 14.5 points per game. He also ended his reign as the Badgers starting point guard with the Wisconsin record for career three-point makes. But even more important than his scoring and shooting was his leadership, which is a skill that is necessary for all...

Source

Continue reading...

They are going to miss Koenig at times. Trice is certainly quicker and may be able to create his own shot, but I'm not ready to bet on that yet. Trice did shoot well early, but tailed off as I recall at the end. Fatigue? . . . or did teams pay more attention to him and make it tougher on him to get clean looks.

Davison seems Big-10 ready physically. Hopefully he'll be able to be the back-up at that spot.

Not sure I'm ready to call this the strongest position like the article does, but assuming Trice continues to progress and is not a complete liability on defense they look like they will be OK at the PG spot.

Back