Who will be the Next GB Head Coach ?

Mark Murphy on why he's best suited to hire the coach instead of GM Brian Gutekunst: "I've been a player, an athletic director for 17 years, I've hired many many coaches, several football coaches. I feel like I'm a football person, even though I'm in a position of president, and I think this gives the Packers the best chance to have success."

This is why Murphy needs to go. He wasn't hired to make that decision. The guy is full of himself. When he left Northwestern there were quite a few who weren't unhappy to see him go. Frankly, I was surprised the Packers tapped him from what I knew personally. Name one accomplishment you can point to. Fitzgerald was at NU before he got there, TT, MM were with the Packers before he got there. The guy has absolutely nothing to make that statement with such an ego. I said it before, Harlan and Wolf have discussed at length that the key to turning this franchise around was getting upper mgmt out of the football decisions. This should be Gutes call.

That press conference was just odd.

Mark Murphy (who has control over the coach) and Brian Gazoontight (who controls the rest of the team) are just going back and forth.

Mark stammers through a bunch of non-answers, and then Brian actually answers the question to the extent he can or wants to.

This whole bifurcated front office is bizarre.

I really don't want Mark having a say in hiring. I have a lot of confidence in Brian.

Mark Murphy on why he's best suited to hire the coach instead of GM Brian Gutekunst: "I've been a player, an athletic director for 17 years, I've hired many many coaches, several football coaches. I feel like I'm a football person, even though I'm in a position of president, and I think this gives the Packers the best chance to have success."

This is why Murphy needs to go. He wasn't hired to make that decision. The guy is full of himself. When he left Northwestern there were quite a few who weren't unhappy to see him go. Frankly, I was surprised the Packers tapped him from what I knew personally. Name one accomplishment you can point to. Fitzgerald was at NU before he got there, TT, MM were with the Packers before he got there. The guy has absolutely nothing to make that statement with such an ego. I said it before, Harlan and Wolf have discussed at length that the key to turning this franchise around was getting upper mgmt out of the football decisions. This should be Gutes call.

Well said...

Joe Whitt Jr. anyone? Young up an comer. Made strides every year for MM. Heck, MM even made new titles for him.

Did Mark Murphy go Stallone as Judge Dredd and Say I AM THE LAW

Back