Who will be the Next GB Head Coach ?

Perhaps the most interesting part of this off season will be seeing who DOESN'T want to coach in GB and declines interviews or the job...

thought this was an interesting post on pft:

"pfffffffffffffffffffffffft says:
December 8, 2018 at 9:46 am
The class move would have been to let McCarthy resign.
But Mark Murphy has no class, so…..
Let me be clear I am Packer fan living in Green Bay.
The guy that should have been fired last week was Murphy. Too worried about building sledding hills instead of the team. Yes, I met him personally twice and endured several meetings with him as a speaker. Dude is an idiot.

Meh, I don't particularly care for Murphy, but people like above are just spouting off. If Murphy is such a total idiot, some of the things, like additional stadium renovations and Titletown might not have happened. He could have just sat on his hands and done nothing for his money. I don't for a minute believe he's any sort of genius, but he clearly cares about the franchise and it trying to make sure it stays viable into the future. That said, he does some things I just shake my head about.

thought this was an interesting post on pft:

"pfffffffffffffffffffffffft says:
December 8, 2018 at 9:46 am
The class move would have been to let McCarthy resign.
But Mark Murphy has no class, so…..
Let me be clear I am Packer fan living in Green Bay.
The guy that should have been fired last week was Murphy. Too worried about building sledding hills instead of the team. Yes, I met him personally twice and endured several meetings with him as a speaker. Dude is an idiot.

That guy is a idiot McCarthy would not resign as that would mean he would not get any money owed to the Packers by him. Being fired would give him choice to sit out with pay in 2019. To many but hurt fans thinking Packers did MM wrong. I am seeing more and more stories now were Packers did MM right by firing him now and giving him time to decide what he wants to do instead of firing him at year end since they were going to do it anyways.

That guy is a idiot McCarthy would not resign as that would mean he would not get any money owed to the Packers by him. Being fired would give him choice to sit out with pay in 2019. To many but hurt fans thinking Packers did MM wrong. I am seeing more and more stories now were Packers did MM right by firing him now and giving him time to decide what he wants to do instead of firing him at year end since they were going to do it anyways.

pretty sure you missed the point of the post, but yeah. he was never going to resign by choice.

Well, if there are any DeFilippo fans out there, now's the time. With him and the Vikings parting ways yesterday, you can lock him up early. I think he might be OK, but I feel like there are better options out there. I'll pass for now.

You have to ask what is going on with the Vikings. It's a frickin revolving door at OC for them. That's the 4th OC in five years under Zimmer. You have to wonder if another quality candidate even sends them a resume' in the off-season. Is it lack of talent, Zimmer causing problems, or just a string of poor hires.

Well, if there are any DeFilippo fans out there, now's the time. With him and the Vikings parting ways yesterday, you can lock him up early. I think he might be OK, but I feel like there are better options out there. I'll pass for now.

You have to ask what is going on with the Vikings. It's a frickin revolving door at OC for them. That's the 4th OC in five years under Zimmer. You have to wonder if another quality candidate even sends them a resume' in the off-season. Is it lack of talent, Zimmer causing problems, or just a string of poor hires.
I think DeFilippo won't be as hot of a hire now that he's fired. It shows that he was unwilling to make adjustments to his offense when he was only willing to call a pass heavy offense. Right now I wonder if he will get a job as a OC or if he might have to go back to a QB coach.

Well, one of them left because he got a HC job, another was Norv Turner who is pretty respected as an OC.

But yeah, the optics don’t look great.

I think DeFilippo won't be as hot of a hire now that he's fired. It shows that he was unwilling to make adjustments to his offense when he was only willing to call a pass heavy offense. Right now I wonder if he will get a job as a OC or if he might have to go back to a QB coach.
Its more than adjustments its game planning and play calling. Not sure who is worse him or Sarkasian

Back