What to do at guard?

i think the reason he let hyde go had nothing to do with speed. he just didn't want to pay him as much as the bills did.
We didn't think he'd pay Hyde an anticipated 3-4M per year. When Buffalo came in at $6M it was an easy pass.
Take away his one pick vs Dallas and there were plenty of us who would've helped pack his bags for him.

nfl.com has forrest lamp rated as the second-best offensive lineman in the draft. if that's true, he'd be a steal at #29. kind of surprised at 44blitz's comments.

i was thinking that if dion dawkins was available when we are on the clock in the second round i would give serious consideration.

nfl.com has forrest lamp rated as the second-best offensive lineman in the draft. if that's true, he'd be a steal at #29. kind of surprised at 44blitz's comments.

i was thinking that if dion dawkins was available when we are on the clock in the second round i would give serious consideration.

It's simple really. Those sites are basing the ranking on his combine work out which he aced. I am looking at him vs better talent then the ACC guys he faced.

Example here vs Bama.. the OL getting his ass handed too him around .28 to .33 seconds is Lamp by a top Bama DT..

He is an Offensive Guard and an overrated one at that. It was our defense that failed badly vs Atlanta and that needs to be priority one in round one. imho(

It's simple really. Those sites are basing the ranking on his combine work out which he aced. I am looking at him vs better talent then the ACC guys he faced.

well, actually, nfl.com had their ratings posted before the combine. but, i've never seen the guy play so i have no dog in this fight.

It was our defense that failed badly vs Atlanta and that needs to be priority one in round one.

you'll get no argument from me on that point. but i don't think it's a good idea to draft for need in the first round (or the second for that matter). that's how you end up reaching. and it's also how you end up missing guys like aaron rodgers.

Last edited:

Example here vs Bama.. the OL getting his ass handed too him around .28 to .33 seconds is Lamp by a top Bama DT..

He is an Offensive Guard and an overrated one at that. It was our defense that failed badly vs Atlanta and that needs to be priority one in round one. imho(

I agree with passing on a guard in round 1, BUT watching the clip at the times you pointed out...the announcer even says how good the protection is. The QB rolls left directly into J Allen and the sack. Lamp is a highly regarded OL and the following week after the game Saban had very nice things to say about him and their WR Taylor. Western Kentucky kids are very well coached. Their program has come a long way.

Back