Way Too Early 2018 Heisman Rankings...Jonathan Taylor one of the front-runners?

Grier and Love are going to be hard to beat. Jonathan might have to wait one more year, then could collect book ends.

Love yes Grier no. Can’t see West Va elite and that factors in. Also don’t think Taylor makes it to his 4th year in Madison. And a dark horse not mentioned? Cam Akers at Florida State. Might be better than Dalvin Cook when he was in Tallahassee

Grier will live and die on his stats, and how much of a boost he can give the Mountaineers. If they jump up and bite Tennessee and Oklahoma, winning the conference, Grier will get a lot of attention if the stats are even stronger than last year. But, I do agree, he's a real long shot. I can't say anything about Akers. Haven't watched him play.

Love yes Grier no. Can’t see West Va elite and that factors in. Also don’t think Taylor makes it to his 4th year in Madison. And a dark horse not mentioned? Cam Akers at Florida State. Might be better than Dalvin Cook when he was in Tallahassee

Agree Taylor would be foolish to stay in WI 4 years unless he suffers a major injury if he has another 2 more good years he will be a 1st round pick and with the short shelf life of RB's has to go pro.

I think Taylor's decision would be based on how high a pick he would be. If he's a top 10 pick, I think he'd consider leaving. The only thing that would hold him to the Badgers is a health insurance policy that would pay him enormous money if he got injured and couldn't play in NFL at a high level.

By the way... I see him as a top 5 pick after 3rd year.

Top 5 50/50 If he is projected to 15 the guaranteed money will be to hard to turn down.

Pretty close to what I see too. It depends on how he holds up, injury wise, over the next couple of years. If he stays injury free, his value goes up.

Back