WATCH: 3 takeaways from Badgers trouncing of BYU

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Wisconsin got a record-setting performance from Alex Hornibrook, a second straight week of 100-plus yards from Jonathan Taylor and held the BYU Cougars out of the end zone in a 40-6 victory in Provo. So, what were the major takeaways? Well, join our Publisher, Andy Coppens, for our weekly 3 Takeaways show over on our YouTube channel. Don’t forget you can help us keep our coverage independent...

Source

Continue reading...

What can I say? The Badgers played extremely well on both sides of the ball. There is little doubt, at this point, that they improved over last week, and the offense was designed for Hornibrook to regain his confidence. It worked, and he's back. Great coaching job!

On defense, the Badgers let BYU show what they had, then they shut them down. Most of their yardage after the first quarter was superflous. The Badgers owned them.

The BYU hurry-up offense did more to harm them than it helped. They were 3 and out, and their defense was sucking air at high altitude. The Badgers just manhandled them when it happened. Even our 3rd stringers, and beyond, played exceptionally well.

The one thing that I thought most. The Badgers are developing into a disciplined team, that plays their positions well, and take well to coaching. They may not appear to be "super stars" in the newspapers, but mark my words, they do have a shot at making the championship playoffs at the end of the year. They just need to keep growing in confidence and skill.

Back