Was Ohio State ripped off?

Both the @bigten officiating supervisor and national officiating supervisor have told CBS Sports that Justyn Ross' fumble and subsequent TD return by @OhioStateFB should have stood.

The whole football move, is subjective to me. I could go on for hours. Remeber the old days where the football had to be caught then tucked? Now, on the sideline a guy can just hands catch it an posses it. Where's the football move there?

Same type of double standard when catching a TD in the endzone or running it in. Dude can catch it, posses it, but if going to ground has to possess it through the fall. On the the other hand, an RB can stretch out, dive, and as long as the tip of the ball breaks the plane of the goal, it's a TD no matter if he hits the ground and fumbles

As I said last night - the targeting call has been called that way for a few years; the player doesn't have to launch himself, or do anything intentional; any contact to the head is considered targeting - right or wrong.
As for the incompletion / fumble - that could have gone either way. The one thing I wondered - completed pass, pushing him backwards - you could also have said that forward progress had been stopped and blown the whistle - but that's a bit of a stretch of that quick of a whistle. But he never did get a chance to "make a football move".
There were 2 “targeting” calls against Wisconsin in the MSU game almost exactly like the OSU hit. One was upheld one was overturned. It’s just not consistent

Both the @bigten officiating supervisor and national officiating supervisor have told CBS Sports that Justyn Ross' fumble and subsequent TD return by @OhioStateFB should have stood.

Which means it was a botched call, because it didn't stand, it was overturned. The reality of this is "when it happened" during the course of the game. It don't matter. It's over.

Which means it was a botched call, because it didn't stand, it was overturned. The reality of this is "when it happened" during the course of the game. It don't matter. It's over.
It was called correct on for field. Botched by the reply officials. Call should have stood. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming

Back