The Post McCarthy Thompson Rodgers Era

Bill Belichick is the only HC who is also the GM in the league. This is the exception rather than the rule. We haven't had much success when we combined these jobs since Lombardi left.

It comes down to who controls the final 53. Title not as important

So what will it be like?

That's a loaded question. Can GB maintain this current run forever ? Doubtful. I think the key remains getting a GM/HC that work well together.
A bigger factor will be the amount of skill talent coming out of college and finding quality people to fill those roles ie QB,WR etc.
The game as a whole is changing so honestly it's very difficult to predict how it all plays out. tc( Good topic Packinatl hof(

One thing for certain; build a defense based on speed ,speed,and more speed!

I built my entire athletic career on being the undersized fast kid. Except in hockey, I was pretty average weight. Oh, and wrestling. The other guy was always the same size.

But still, I was quick.

Having speed helps make up for a lot of other deficiencies.

What's it going to look like? Short term, it's gonna get ugly.... Really ugly... Arod won't finish his career in GB, and I think a lot of stuff that was kept in house will come to the surface after TT/MM/AR are gone.

Long term? Will be a decent team, but nothing great. Chances of finding another solid QB are pretty small.

And Murphy will still be the final final say. Meaning the next GM will be conservative, and the logical conclusion to that is another conservative HC...

I don't think Murphy hired Ted but kept him on for stability reasons and the team is winning. When Ted retires and if Murphy is still in charge it will be interesting to see who he hires to replace TT.

Exactly, we don't know who Murphy would hire. He's never hired a GM before. Maybe he promotes Wolf, who might have a somewhat different philosophy than TT. One thing I do know, I don't want one of those "look at me" splash type GMs. Seems like their teams often end up with more questions than answers. Build through the draft, add a free agent or two every year. It's that last part that I wish TT would use just a bit more, and I suspect some one like Wolf just might.

They're grooming Eliot Wolf for stability after Ted retires. Schneider also has a clause in his contract with Seattle enabling him to come back to Green Bay if the job opened up. They're grooming Hundley for the QB position. HOPEFULLY that pans out.

I've always looked at Edgar Bennett as the guy they were grooming to replace Mike. If that is the case, he might bring back some WCO fundamentals, short high percentage passing, screens and traps. EFFICIENCY and tempo on offense. Mike runs more of a Mouse Davis "Run and Shoot" offense with WCO terminology.

I do feel like they have their bases potentially covered.

Back