The Post McCarthy Thompson Rodgers Era

They're grooming Eliot Wolf for stability after Ted retires. Schneider also has a clause in his contract with Seattle enabling him to come back to Green Bay if the job opened up. They're grooming Hundley for the QB position. HOPEFULLY that pans out.

I've always looked at Edgar Bennett as the guy they were grooming to replace Mike. If that is the case, he might bring back some WCO fundamentals, short high percentage passing, screens and traps. EFFICIENCY and tempo on offense. Mike runs more of a Mouse Davis "Run and Shoot" offense with WCO terminology.

I do feel like they have their bases potentially covered.
Well I get the a Wolf thing. Not that I agree with it but I can see it as a possibility. As to Hundley don't see it at all. I think his ceiling in this league is as a backup. Interesting on Bennett. But not sure I agree on the McCarthy thing. GB runs multiple 2 TE sets with 2 wr sometimes going 3-4 wide. The run and shoot was 4-5 wr and no tight end that ran some spread principles.

[QUOTE="multiple 2 TE sets with 2 wr sometimes going 3-4 wide. The run and shoot was 4-5 wr and no tight end that ran some spread principles.[/QUOTE]

thinking the route tree is a bit different, as well as philosophy, from run and shoot to WC offense.

Actually Mike runs a hybrid WC attack based on Marty Schottenheimers Offense as a base with heavy influence from Paul Hackett. He really developed it in New Orleans.

It's really a Multiple Spread WCO ...most of the terminology was developed by Sid Gilman, However MM added a zone running scheme and some other twists that make his offense a little unique (all coach's do).

tc(

Back