Stories you've never heard about Ted Thompson

Cheesedog

Reaction score
Stories you've never heard about Ted Thompson

Nothing earth shattering of course... but some funny stuff in there..

I can remember — I think it was maybe our freshman year — we'd work out and then after workouts Ted would go home and lift weights. He actually overdid it. He lifted weights so much he got muscle-bound and he could hardly run. He got so stiff and everything that he got slower, couldn't move and everything

:p

This is an awesome article, thanks! Interesting stuff for sure. Had no idea he was such a great athlete back in the day. Everything I've ever read about him suggested he was a, "try hard" guy and wasn't very talented. Seems to dispel that idea a little. Also can't believe his dream was to become the Packers GM. I think most people dream of playing for their favorite team/s, or even coaching them. Not too many young guys want to be in charge of player personel, especially when they appear to have a great playing career ahead of them.

Also, I always pictured Ted as the quiet guy in the back of the room, but apparently he was student council president! Say what? He always seems so nervous and uncomfortable while public speaking. Maybe his peers voted him in as a prank!

Anyway, best article I've read in a while. Chipped away a little at Ted's mysterious past. Thanks again.

Thought it was a great article also. For all the hate TT guys just shows he's human like the rest of us. Does some things great and some things not so great. Just like most of us through life.

Ted often gives up his box on game day to Military Vets and has John Maino host. Usually Ted will make an appearance. It's something he does out of gratitude to those who served and my understanding is he desires no recognition from it.

Back