Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could totally believe that the offers were not good enough. Maybe Murphy has unrealistic expectations about the trade market as many fans.
And as Brandt famously has said, deadlines spur actions. Long way to beginning league year especially when “tampering” is technically frowned upon

The only way bringing Rodgers back makes sense is if he really is set on playing four or five more years. Because if "the window" is one or two seasons, I don't think they're real contenders with what's going to be on the field next season.tc(
This. And even if that is the case, assuming Rodgers is near the same player for the next 4-5 seasons and/or stays injury free is a BIG assumption.

I fancy Gutekunst as a smart guy which is why I still think he ends up dealt this offseason. The opportunity to do a Godfather type trade with a 39 year old player doesn’t come along very often, especially when you are facing cap hell and this one move almost single handedly takes care of it. If Love isn’t the guy, you have the cap space and picks/assets to figure out who that guy is.

Furthermore, while things may be nice and rosy between the two parties now, I can’t imagine the organization enjoys having to walk on eggshells because of one player.

One injury also means you’ve thrown away potential years of contention down the toilet. It just seems far more risky to the long term health of the organization IMO to bring Rodgers back.

As Andrew Brandt has said, it just feels like it’s time for a change. He’s nailed the Rodgers fiasco since it began so I’m sticking with his takes.

Guys guys, it's gonna be alright.

With this new Love news, in exchange for trading away the threat to the dignity of Lord Rodgers, His Aaronness will agree to a new 7 yr contract at the league minimum provided that in year 5 of that deal he will automatically become the highest paid player in league history.

I have a totally unverified, unidentified source who may or may not be close to the situation giving me what he or she says is the outside scoop.

Guys guys, it's gonna be alright.

With this new Love news, in exchange for trading away the threat to the dignity of Lord Rodgers, His Aaronness will agree to a new 7 yr contract at the league minimum provided that in year 5 of that deal he will automatically become the highest paid player in league history.

I have a totally unverified, unidentified source who may or may not be close to the situation giving me what he or she says is the outside scoop.
Damn it Crease that was just between us..... ;)

Here's the problem.
Last year before draft would have been ideal time to trade Rodgers and get maximum value. There were many teams in need of a QB and more teams w cap room then.

There also were a bunch of teams interested in Watson until his troubles came out.

The timing of Rodgers leaked out on draft night wanting to leave came out too late. Once draft was done teams had either drafted a rookie for their future or had signed a QB in free agency.

This year there just isn't that many options if we're to trade him and where he could go and contend for a championship with and have cap room.

Here's the problem.
Last year before draft would have been ideal time to trade Rodgers and get maximum value. There were many teams in need of a QB and more teams w cap room then.

There also were a bunch of teams interested in Watson until his troubles came out.

The timing of Rodgers leaked out on draft night wanting to leave came out too late. Once draft was done teams had either drafted a rookie for their future or had signed a QB in free agency.

This year there just isn't that many options if we're to trade him and where he could go and contend for a championship with and have cap room.
Respectfully disagree. The cap consequences trading him last year where just as bad. Also the pool of teams was small then and small now. Just like now Rodgers in many way held the leverage where he wanted to go. If he was self to NY he probably walks away. He’s now coming off an MVP season. I don’t think the dynamics are any different now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back