Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think GB personally
I don't get this at all. Rodgers has said over and over "it's not about the money", and the Schefter leak backs that up. Seems much more likely the leak came from Dunn than from GB.

I don't get this at all. Rodgers has said over and over "it's not about the money", and the Schefter leak backs that up. Seems much more likely the leak came from Dunn than from GB.
Just don’t think Dunn or Rodgers have anything to gain by this. Maybe to push a trade but that’s not the best way to do it. As I said before Rodgers holds little leverage but he’s controlling the narrative right now. It’s all about will he report or not. This give the organization cover, “we offered him a significant amount of money , we accommodated his timeline and he said no. We did our part it’s on him now” type press release.

Just don’t think Dunn or Rodgers have anything to gain by this. Maybe to push a trade but that’s not the best way to do it. As I said before Rodgers holds little leverage but he’s controlling the narrative right now. It’s all about will he report or not. This give the organization cover, “we offered him a significant amount of money , we accommodated his timeline and he said no. We did our part it’s on him now” type press release.
If the Packers though are holding firm on we are not moving you would this not help Rodgers though saying the team can offer whatever they want it won't change anything best thing to do is move on.

If the Packers though are holding firm on we are not moving you would this not help Rodgers though saying the team can offer whatever they want it won't change anything best thing to do is move on.
what they say publicly and what they say privately may not be the same thing. A trade is the only thing that makes sense to leak this but its not the way I would go about it publicly

I think there has been some talk from various people who claim to be in the know suggesting optimism that Rodgers shows up for camp, and I think Dunn and Rodgers are trying to get leverage back by suggesting its not true.

I think there has been some talk from various people who claim to be in the know suggesting optimism that Rodgers shows up for camp, and I think Dunn and Rodgers are trying to get leverage back by suggesting its not true.
thats possible but why double down on it in that way. Right now he has the narrative, Murphy does not.

I think odds of him showing up are slim. I think most of people saying they think he shows up are former teammates trying to give Packer fans hope.

Personally I don't think he's even telling friends what's going on as he does not want anything direct from him leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back