Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
No illusion here that Rodgers owes the fans anything as related to this situation. He also doesn't owe the meddling media anything, either. But if he's looking for some fair consideration from his employer, it should go without saying that he should be affording them what he expects in return. And part of that includes some responsibility concerning narrative, rather than sitting idly by while the rumors burn everything to the ground. Can't fault one side for shitty communication while watching the other side flip you the bird from Hawaii.

Sorry RB Pat McAfee is bias as hell and I stopped watching his s^&% show.
no need to apologize to me. at least your response shows an open mind.

I think on a personal level everything Rodgers stated the other day about “the people” and “the culture” I agree with. The issue I have is that door swings both ways, and he never seems to admit he might be part of the problem as well.

I mean, I have no clue what his life is like but as the saying goes actions speak louder than words. I get he’s wired a bit differently, but what he and the FO need to understand is without us fans and our support there is no Packers and no NFL.

The NFL continues to walk a tightrope in thinking they can simply continue to extract as much money as humanly possible out of the game and everyone associated with it - including players and fans. At some point, the greed is going to overtake what’s fair and reasonable and people will walk away or seek out other options. This goes for players and fans.

Having Rodgers around is one of the only reasons I still watch the Packers. And I watch less and less NFL (and Packers) as time goes on. This saga and drama doesn’t help matters one bit, and I’m sure a lot of fans feel the same way.
You are absolutely correct that the door swings both ways. I think there is an equal amount of blame on both sides and no one is more responsible than the other. In any relationship with "people" it is a two way street and typically there is blame on both sides.

I think Murphy is a complete and total toolbox and I am on the record saying he needs to go but I think the thing that came out awhile back is very telling to me. It was the rumored conversation where he told AR to not be the problem. Should he have said that hell no and he is a tool for saying it but at the same time it could be very telling that perhaps AR is a complete diva behind the scenes.

This is starting to remind me of a bad 80's hair band breakup where one member has someone whispering in their ear that they are the best one in the group and should be treated better than everyone else, get more of the royalties, and more say in the direction of the band. So they're willing to destroy it all for their ego.

The other thing that is a little worrying is that while Arod looks ripped in those photos from Hawaii with his betrothed, he does not look very muscular, as in, muscle bulk to handle getting pounded every week by large angry LB's. He looks thinner than he used to. Having low body fat is many people's dreams, but it doesn't mean you're agile and strong enough for the NFL. And for someone like Arod who already has low body fat to drop more weight like he's mentioned, and to look noticeably thinner means he lost some muscle to achieve it. Wonder what effect that will have on his performance....

All these talking heads and former players saying Rodgers has earned the right to have a say in picking players or how the team is run. What has he done to earn it? People say oh look Brady has a say well look at what Brady has won. If Rodgers has won more titles he would have earned the right to have more of a say. McAfee if he could would follow Rodgers around kissing his ass all day.

You are absolutely correct that the door swings both ways. I think there is an equal amount of blame on both sides and no one is more responsible than the other. In any relationship with "people" it is a two way street and typically there is blame on both sides.

I think Murphy is a complete and total toolbox and I am on the record saying he needs to go but I think the thing that came out awhile back is very telling to me. It was the rumored conversation where he told AR to not be the problem. Should he have said that hell no and he is a tool for saying it but at the same time it could be very telling that perhaps AR is a complete diva behind the scenes.
This ….good post.
As to that “rumored” conversation I would love to know the entire context. Was it tongue and cheek or a flat out slap who knows.

I just go back to 3 quotes form 12. #1 “i messed up someone timeline”. #2 “I have no control over the situation” #3 “I want to play into my 40’s”. It’s no secret this organizations people skills are suspect. If he knew the timeline who told him (someone at Athletes First is a good start). Damn Murphy communicate, that idea of sending a locker to #4 was pure PR stupidity, did you learn? No. Damn Rodgers tell your surrogates to stop. It’s not helping your cause. And that little Jeopardy dig was not cool.

My fear is Gute and Murphy have no idea how to solve this. Deep down they hope it goes away. Breaking News it won’t. David Dunn vs Mark Murphy is unfair. And no Murph it’s not to your advantage. They have one choice. And chances are they will screw it up

All these talking heads and former players saying Rodgers has earned the right to have a say in picking players or how the team is run. What has he done to earn it? People say oh look Brady has a say well look at what Brady has won. If Rodgers has won more titles he would have earned the right to have more of a say. McAfee if he could would follow Rodgers around kissing his ass all day.
And that’s not the main issue. Not sure why this keeps getting the headlines. It’s about controlling the timeline, going out on his own terms. He’s been actually very clear about that publicly

And that’s not the main issue. Not sure why this keeps getting the headlines. It’s about controlling the timeline, going out on his own terms. He’s been actually very clear about that publicly
I think in the last year or so but before that it was having a say at the table. Look at the Kumerow thing. I think he thought he had enough stroke to be able to keep a guy who really had no spot to belong on the roster.

I think in the last year or so but before that it was having a say at the table. Look at the Kumerow thing. I think he thought he had enough stroke to be able to keep a guy who really had no spot to belong on the roster.
That’s such a minor thing if it even is one It’s not what set off this hell storm. His words “about the people”. “About the culture”. He just feels that some players deserve to go out on their own terms. Himself, Nelson….might be others. He’s never rolled the Watson “input” narrative. This is philosophical. At least his eyes and Gute and Murphy are now between a major rock and a hard place

That’s such a minor thing if it even is one It’s not what set off this hell storm. His words “about the people”. “About the culture”. He just feels that some players deserve to go out on their own terms. Himself, Nelson….might be others. He’s never rolled the Watson “input” narrative. This is philosophical. At least his eyes and Gute and Murphy are now between a major rock and a hard place
With how much a guy likes Rodgers makes though that does play a big part in him being able to go out in his terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back