Restricted Free Agency: How Much for Tonyan?

Would almost have to protect w first Rd tender. If only first refusal, some team w deep pockets could offer some crazy money we couldn't match and lose him imo or if we did match, cost us the lost of another player(s)

Would almost have to protect w first Rd tender. If only first refusal, some team w deep pockets could offer some crazy money we couldn't match and lose him imo or if we did match, cost us the lost of another player(s)
To me a 2nd round tender is good enough. We are overrating Tonyan he is not a elite TE. He is good in the redzone but does very little in between the 20s.

Certainly not a direct comparison, but wasn't Bubba Franks pretty much a very good red zone player, but that's about it? Tonyan had more yards and TDs last year than Bubba ever had, but, still...

To me a 2nd round tender is good enough. We are overrating Tonyan he is not a elite TE. He is good in the redzone but does very little in between the 20s.
of course he's not elite. he wasn't even in the top ten for receiving yards for a te. but this whole myth about being only good in the redzone needs to stop. tonyan caught exactly ten passes in the redzone in 2020. he caught 42 passes outside the redzone. more than four times as many. and four of his eleven touchdowns were scored from outside the redzone.

Tonyan is a good TE who fits into exactly what the Packers want and need. He's the type of player who is a Gronk to Brady. He knows what Rodgers expects, and does it. He's going to be signed.

He’s not elite he brings a big target and trust factor. The difference in $$ is not significant

Reactions: TW
He’s not elite he brings a big target and trust factor. The difference in $$ is not significant
Who was it said that NE/BB was hot to trot for Bobby?

If that rumor has any legs, put the 1st round tender on him and see if BB is willing to pony up the #15 pick for him.

Reactions: TW

If that rumor has any legs, put the 1st round tender on him and see if BB is willing to pony up the #15 pick for him.
Yeah heard that and about spit out my Michters. I just look at the cash difference and it’s not much. But to be fair in can see both sides of the debate

If that happens I would put Tonyan on the first flight to NE you wuld have to be smoking something to give up a 1st he's just not worth it.

Back