Postgame Thread, GB edges out Cleveland for a Christmas Day win.

Were it not for Baker Mayfield and some especially stupid play calling from the Browns on that last drive, this is an ugly, ugly loss.

The Packer defense looks nothing like the unit playing D a month or six weeks ago. They look listless, guys using the same pass rush moves over and over, defenders running up to a nearly-finished-but-not-quite play and just watching. Secondary scratching their heads about botched assignments.

They're going to get bounced quickly if they don't re-group. They've lost focus.

And I think losing Elgton Jenkins is going to kill this offense in the postseason. Jones doesn't have much room to operate, and Dillon is getting three yards a pop instead of six. Rodgers's pocket is getting smaller, too.

As always thrilled we got the win but I have to wonder if winning the last two leads to a quick exit in the playoffs after running out of steam?
Packer defense needs Z and Alexander back. The backups aren't going to play at a Pro Bowl level all season. If we don't get those guys back, I don't see a real chance at a title this season. We have lost way too much on the OL to have a dominant offense.
Our offense is what it is at this point. Rodgers has to get the ball out very quickly, and good defenses will expose that. The OL was not all that great on Saturday. Everything is on Rodgers being able to make quick decisions correctly and get the ball out. With a lesser QB, this OL would look like crap.

We can't overpower teams offensively, so if the defense can't stop anyone, we don't have a real chance. In the playoffs, we won't get numerous gift INTs to bail us out.

Rookie Justin fields had double digit lead at Lambeau

Rookie Tyler Huntley was 2 yards away from beating us

Baker Mayfield with 4 ints was 15 yds away from GW field goal attempt

And Tom Brady most likely awaits this team next month

We've been sleepwalking these past few weeks. Great they've been able to shake off sluggish starts and close calls to win. Hope they rediscover that fire by the playoffs. Vikings, Cards, Rams, Cowboys, Bucs are all much better than what we've faced past month.

If one woke up from a long sleep and just saw this game, what would prompt them to have this opinion?
The Special Teams were better yesterday, but they still only didn't hurt us. They aren't an asset. And, if they don't improve the Pack will be having that long sleep.

We need all 3 playing well. Now, we have 1 playing well 70% of the time

This next week against the Vikings worries me.

The Vikings run the ball well and Cousins is better than Mayfield. At least he is this year.

The good thing is the Vikings D is not as good but Zimmer seems to give AR fits.

Packer defense needs Z and Alexander back. The backups aren't going to play at a Pro Bowl level all season. If we don't get those guys back, I don't see a real chance at a title this season. We have lost way too much on the OL to have a dominant offense.
Our offense is what it is at this point. Rodgers has to get the ball out very quickly, and good defenses will expose that. The OL was not all that great on Saturday. Everything is on Rodgers being able to make quick decisions correctly and get the ball out. With a lesser QB, this OL would look like crap.

We can't overpower teams offensively, so if the defense can't stop anyone, we don't have a real chance. In the playoffs, we won't get numerous gift INTs to bail us out.
Z Smith is coming off back injury and doubt he plays for GBP again. Plus I would not even trust him to do much right now even if he was close to coming back which he's not. Alexander is another one I am wondering if he's a long shot to play right now also.

Honestly the warts have been there all year. Just look back. Probably should have lost @ Cinn @ Arizona. @ Baltimore. The home win vs Pittsburgh might not happen if that offsides on the blocked FG does not happen Some things bounced the right way or got a call or 2. Out of 12 wins take away both Chicago games, Detroit and Seattle nothing has been really dominant.

We have run the ball ok, great in spurts but not consistently, the offense is basically 12 & 17. Defense has been opportunistic and honestly better that we thought it would be. We all know about the special teams issues.

The Cleveland game in many ways was a microcosm of the season, not just the last few weeks. Maybe it’s just the Craptastic NFL and there is no dominant teams and this is how it plays out each week with a break here and there. And then it’s managing Covid. This team probably goes 14-3 then the season starts over.

We've been sleepwalking these past few weeks. Great they've been able to shake off sluggish starts and close calls to win. Hope they rediscover that fire by the playoffs. Vikings, Cards, Rams, Cowboys, Bucs are all much better than what we've faced past month.
CLP)CLP)

Funny enough, the Vikings are the team on that list is least like to play in January.

Saw post today I did not notice until now the sticker on Rodgers 443 TD football says 433 not 443.

aaron-rodgers-ball-mistake.jpg

Back