Post Game: Vikings Defeat Green Bay 23-10, Rodgers Hurt

Everything that could go wrong, did today. Have to get Hundley ready for next week and try to get an OL assembled.

Let me the first to say that these injuries are beyond ridiculous. I don't know what the deal is but something is wrong. This many guys shouldn't be going down.

Just a few thoughts.

The defense is still a liability. Case Keenum with no Stefan Diggs?

If Rodgers can come back after 8 weeks(add on the bye) and we are at 6-5 then we still have a shot to make a run.
What concerns me is the "season ending" part. That leads me to believe there is either more to it or they really dont know.

More Injuries are going to make it harder to keep this team afloat. MM has to get a handle on things and quick.

Season's not over but depending on Rodgers it's an uphill battle.

Without #12 we are basically screwed. It might seem blasphemous to say but I hope we lose several games and get a top 10 pick next spring and finally get a real difference maker on D.

Tough division loss but losing Rodgers is bigger. If it's an 8 week injury than this is workable. If it's the season then MM/TT have a lot of work to do..
2nd time breaking collerbone, which never really heal, can end a career, ask Tony Romo, this could be the beginning of the end of the Rodgers era. A very sad day indeed.

Questions will now be answered...

- Can MM coach a successful football team without AR?
- Can the team go .500 without the superstar QB?
- Can the team adjust and play strong D and ST to make up the difference?
+
CMIII has somehow found a way to stay healthy through this mess
Draft position dramatically improves
I can spend more time on my smoker grill

Blocking and tackling win football games...this team as currently constructed (counting injuries) is mediocre at both. Until those facets of the team are fixed it's going to be a struggle.

Hundley needs the play book pared down and solid running game to be successful. Can we do that ? Yet to be seen.

Season's far from over but it's a black day.

thumbsup
Kenny Clark - Forces a fumble and was disruptive all day.
Blake Martinez - 11 more tackles and 1 pass defensed, which caused an interception.

thumbsdown))

Defensive backfield - If you can't cover, could you please at least tackle?
Marty Bennett - Was he out there after dropping the pass on the play where Rodgers got hurt?
Training Staff - guess the yoga and nutrition guru didn't work MM csr(

What can you do at this point. Arod consistently bails out MM, Capers, the Def, and his OL. When he is out who steps up?

GB will be lucky to go 4-4 with Arod out. The OL is soft, the D inconsistent, and MM and Capers just aren't anything special.

Fingers crossed Hundley turns into a pro bowler..

Back