Post Game Thread : Packers Win The North 31-24 Over Lions

I wish they would have less nail-biters at the end. These old decrepit nerves can't take much more! o_O

After that horrible stretch, especially with the loss to Washington, I can't believe they actually won the NFC North! Aaron? You gonna run the table through the playoffs? Please tell me it's true! dance)

Who says sand lot football doesn't work? It was broken play after broken play that Rodgers hooked up with his receivers, and his runs were part of the equation. The Lions couldn't defend what even the GB coaches didn't have a clue what was happening.

This was a game where a QB improvised a win by using the scramble drills they use at the end of practice as the main part of their offense in a game. It worked because nobody in the stadium had a clue what was going to happen. Receivers did their job, by working back to the ball, and finding holes in the defense, where they could sit down, and let Rodgers find them. Nelson did a perfect job of drawing two or more defenders to himself on plays, even after the play was broken. It opened up others. Even the offensive play design, with a full backfield, and running Rip as often as they did, was completely against the grain of what the Lions had to expect from the Packers.

On defense, they flew around, like "ball hawks," bending but not breaking - making plays that were nearly impossible, even after getting burned by what was a very good passing attack that the Lions have. Even as the last of our CBs went down, they found a way to move someone else in, and seeing Burnett playing the slot so well towards the end, showed how hard he works. They too played sand lot football, because the had to, and survived.

To be honest, that last TD should never have happened for the LIons. Capers and McCarthy fell back into "conservative mode," and the Lions picked the defense apart. It scares me because it happens so often.

Now we need to see just how bad the injuries are. We were into our third right tackle, and not one CB was healthy enough to play towards the end of the game. Injuries could be the key to what they can possibly do next week, but one thing is sure.

Sand lot football is a hell of a lot of fun to watch!

Well, I'd like to think another magic carpet ride to the Super Bowl is possible, but with our injuries at CB, I'm not even sure we get past next week, but I'm hopeful that the third time is the charm against the Giants. Geez, if only Shields had stayed healthy. This team might just be poised for a Super Bowl run right now.

Well, even if we don't get to the Bowl this year, satisfying conclusion to the season and a chance to exorcise a lot of demons next Sunday. Random thoughts...

--Actually wasn't terrible with the Hail Mary at the end, since I had the over plus the Pack -3.5....ca-ching
--When we drafted Adams and R Rodgers, we were terrible in the red zone. That's one reason we went for those guys. Good to see that finally paying off a little. Even RRodgers with Cook spread out had a nice key catch as we got close--he can be huge as a sneaky option. (just not as a #1 TE, obviously)
--Of all Hyde's faults, thank God we have him this year.
--We probably just don't have the secondary to get it done this year, but the league is not strong. Have a chance this year, and we really, really, really need to add some affordable vets on one-years next year while A-Rod is still mobile. Nobody league wide looks all that good the next few years.

Bulaga didn't finish the game and MM got Spriggs hurt. Tretter possibly not ready, so Barclay could start at RT vs NYG...... wideeye))nailbite)

Bulaga didn't finish the game and MM got Spriggs hurt. Tretter possibly not ready, so Barclay could start at RT vs NYG...... wideeye))nailbite)
True and Packers not only will need to find a roster spot for a CB but for Pennel. Options are, Starks/Rollins to IR, and/or Ringo/Callahan cut ??

I didn't get to watch the game so of course they won.. You're welcome ;)

I'm just lookin at stats here, but Cook has pretty firmly taken then #1 TE position. And what did they feed Geronimo this week? Wow.. Not sure Gb will even need Cobb next year.. But we've seen a couple game bursts in this league before. We will see what he does in the playoffs.

Davante Adams seems to be that guy every FF manager hates. The one who poaches TD's near the goal line. I'm not sure Richard Rodgers is even on the roster next year. Cook takes his place between the 20's and Adams is poaching TD's near the goal line.

Going soft on DEF and not finishing when you have a lead will kill you in the playoffs as NYG, SEA, ARI playoff games all attest to.

I'll save my playoff thoughts for those threads.

Bottom line they ran the table. I didn't think they could do it. But what the last games have shown is that it's all up to Arod. The team and coaches simply cannot handle it unless Arod is on fire. Lets hope he stays that way and the chip on his shoulder from so many mid season doubters is a big one.

Who says sand lot football doesn't work? It was broken play after broken play that Rodgers hooked up with his receivers, and his runs were part of the equation. The Lions couldn't defend what even the GB coaches didn't have a clue what was happening.

This was a game where a QB improvised a win by using the scramble drills they use at the end of practice as the main part of their offense in a game. It worked because nobody in the stadium had a clue what was going to happen. Receivers did their job, by working back to the ball, and finding holes in the defense, where they could sit down, and let Rodgers find them. Nelson did a perfect job of drawing two or more defenders to himself on plays, even after the play was broken. It opened up others. Even the offensive play design, with a full backfield, and running Rip as often as they did, was completely against the grain of what the Lions had to expect from the Packers.

On defense, they flew around, like "ball hawks," bending but not breaking - making plays that were nearly impossible, even after getting burned by what was a very good passing attack that the Lions have. Even as the last of our CBs went down, they found a way to move someone else in, and seeing Burnett playing the slot so well towards the end, showed how hard he works. They too played sand lot football, because the had to, and survived.

To be honest, that last TD should never have happened for the LIons. Capers and McCarthy fell back into "conservative mode," and the Lions picked the defense apart. It scares me because it happens so often.

Now we need to see just how bad the injuries are. We were into our third right tackle, and not one CB was healthy enough to play towards the end of the game. Injuries could be the key to what they can possibly do next week, but one thing is sure.

Sand lot football is a hell of a lot of fun to watch!

Evidently we practice that kind of 'sandlot' football every day! It is great how our WRs keep working to get open.

IMO Detroit got that last Hail Mary TD because of that crappy shank by Schum. We have to address that position this offseason.

Didn't Bulaga go back in? From all reports Spriggs looked fine in the locker room after the game.

Back