Post Game Thread : Packers Sneak By Bears 30-27

thumbsup
Montgomery - Lightning.
Michael - Runs hard. Runs fast.
Peppers - Didn't have the biggest impact for the entire game, but the strip-sack/recovery turned the game around.
HHCD - Good picks.
Rodgers - Not his finest game, but did what was needed in the end.

thumbsdown))
CBs not Gunter - Play 10-15 yards off/get lost in zones/big completions allowed.
Adams - Two surefire TDs right through your hands. Hope that's out of your system now.
Capers - Zone defenses suck.

Face facts here, this carriage is just begging to turn back into a pumpkin at any minute, but they've made it interesting until that happens. Made some history tying up the series for the best rivalry in sports.

Gotta admit that I did not see the pass to Nelson at the end. Couldn't stand it...walked away for a minute and my husband yelled the results to me. Saw the replay. Great pass.

Offense struggled. Can't understand why Rodgers can't get the ball out quicker. Just go for the quick shot. Was it Chicago's defense or Rodgers trying to make something happen? Those drops by Adams and Nelson in the 1st half were killers.bh(

The defense played really well in the 3rd quarter but otherwise IMO they were meh. They did prevent them from getting that last TD so that is something.

Montgomery runs hard and is pretty quick. Nice to see C. Michael get that long run for a TD.

Best of all Detroit and MN lost. The end of the season is going to be interesting. I have to be a Cowboy fan UGH for 1 game.

My take?

We went on the road to a divisional rival who would love nothing more than knock us out of the playoffs in the bitter cold. Our best player was gimpy, our WRs dropped passes and we had no pass rush to speak of. When you go on the road like this, not play your best and still manage to win? And the 2 teams in your division ahead of you lose? Today was a wonderful day. pc)

Cold weather = Dropped Balls
Game on the line = Rodgers to Nelson

I can live with #1 as long as #2 handles it the way they did today, against the Bears. Sometimes, guys reach inside, and pull out something a little special, that puts them over the top. We've seen those two do it before, and it's made for one helluva ride with them both on the field.

All of a sudden, the entire fate of the Central Division hinges on the Packers making their own path to the playoffs, without anyone else's help.

We're going to find out what this team is made out of over the next two weeks.

Only saw parts of the game. But, they did enough to win. MIN and DET are in free fall right now but will be tough games as well..

Michael and Monty looked good.

Arod made some nice throws....

Cold weather = Dropped Balls
Game on the line = Rodgers to Nelson

I can live with #1 as long as #2 handles it the way they did today, against the Bears. Sometimes, guys reach inside, and pull out something a little special, that puts them over the top. We've seen those two do it before, and it's made for one helluva ride with them both on the field.

All of a sudden, the entire fate of the Central Division hinges on the Packers making their own path to the playoffs, without anyone else's help.

We're going to find out what this team is made out of over the next two weeks.

I think we found out a lot of what this team is made of these past 4 weeks. Before this streak began most of us were ready to give this team an autopsy. ;)

Pugger - It's a good thing we had to send the saws out to be sharpened, or the dissection would have already started.

What still puzzles me is why the Packers coaching staff hasn't gotten it through their thick skulls that the "prevent defense" we keep going into - with a lead - is nothing more than a form of slow death? We've watched leads, and games evaporate into losses, yet, they keep coming back with the same old unimaginative plan to create a nightmare for fans.

I wouldn't even bother to ask Capers, or McCarthy, as to why they do this, because they'd get mad, and give us some comment like McCarthy does laden with "execution" being the issue, not the play's design, or when it's called.

I'm afraid really good teams can test us, and end up outscoring us, in the playoffs.

Back