Post Game Thread : Packers hold off Lions 34-27

i think that's probably the case. i think both guys exceeded expectations last year. damarious was primarily a safety in college and rollins was primarily a basketball player with only one season of college football.

which is one of the reasons i think whitt is so highly regarded. the packers have a history of bringing in undrafted free agents and conversion projects and turning them into starters.

This team really misses Shields... Sorry, but if he was on Diggs in Minny I think we are 3-0.

This team really misses Shields... Sorry, but if he was on Diggs in Minny I think we are 3-0.
Shields had a shoulder injury a couple of seasons ago. When he returned I recall him being very hesitant to tackle and just looked soft. He got his big contract and is now being treated for his whoppin' fourth concussion.
Sam Shields may never be the same.

Shields had a shoulder injury a couple of seasons ago. When he returned I recall him being very hesitant to tackle and just looked soft. He got his big contract and is now being treated for his whoppin' fourth concussion.
Sam Shields may never be the same.

Not sure how accurate some of the articles are but some are claiming it's his 5th confirmed concussion.

A team takes on the personality of its coaches. Ours is to coast to a W. It bit us in the ass at Seattle. Yes, it took a calamity of errors, but we provided the perfect environment, summed up by Peppers telling Dix to take a knee.

Did anyone catch Rodgers saying he's back during the game? So while he was saying everything was good, it would seem he did have some doubts for awhile and is human like the rest of us.

Probably not something we'd have seen unless they specifically went to him celebrating after that throw.

Wilde said TJ Lang said the quote was "I'm back m*****f*****", and in the link RB provides, that's right around the 4:30 mark when Wilde asks Rodgers about it, and you can see how uncomfortable Rodgers becomes because he knows he's been caught.

WRs: some points here. One is despite having 7 of them, AR is only playing like a HOF QB when Nelson is on field. Not a knock on AR but knock on no other receivers stepping up. Cobb is a big disappoinent so far.
I'd say a huge part of that involves the game plan relying on those other guys getting open by themselves, which is unfortunate, because they're not very good at that. It'd be nice if the people who put together the game plan would also take a look at what our WR do well, and incorporate that.

As much as we blast TT for drafting guys (on defense mostly) who fit the 'square peg-round hole' adage, the coaching staff does that with the offensive talent.

I agree 100% with what you said.

An old friend of mine ran out onto the field during the 50s and handed 50 cents to Gary Knafelc, after he scored the game winning touchdown in a game in Green Bay. Although I've known since the early 60s, who he is, I'd never tell anyone, because it was something that belonged to him, and to Knafelc, who to my knowledge, never learned who this young fan was.

What people inside the Packer organization know is as sacred a trust as what this was to me. They don't talk about anything that takes place within their family. Because of this, we often don't know exactly what's happening, or why something specifically is being done. They don't share it with us.

If we knew what transpired in that locker room at halftime, we might understand more about what happened. But, we don't, and we're being stone walled, and told that a W is a W, and it's hard to argue against that fact.

I've watched that last second first half TD by the Lions several times now. At first I wanted to scream at the defender. Then, the more I watched it, the more I realized how good that pass and catch were. Then I watched the hesitation by the defender in making the tackle. But, if you look at it closely, he had to figure he was out of bounds, and making a tackle could only tag a penalty on him for an extra 15 yards. He wouldn't have had that momentary hesitation if that wasn't the case, based on what I saw. I'm going to give him a pass on that one. Too many circumstantial things happened on that one play.

It's what happened in the locker room that interests me. Kind of like how some of you are wondering about the 50 cents.

To me, personally, the difference is that the 50 cents involves a person that I don't know and who makes nothing from my attention. Hence, while it'd be interesting to learn the backstory, I feel nothing at all is 'owed' to me. The football team, however, survives and thrives because of us and our interest. While something can always be taken to the extreme, and there are undoubtedly things that are too sensitive, I think the fans are indeed owed and explanation. Same reason I hate to see celebrities complain about the paparazzi (when they're doing it legally) - if you make a great of deal money because people are interested in you, don't complain when they want more.

Actually, the team owes us nothing in regards to information. That's really the point. Before the internet, when all we had was TV, radio, and the print media, we got most of our info through newspapers like The Packer Report. The only place there were "questions" about what was being done by the team appeared in letters to the editor. Those questions were more like statements, because in all honesty, nobody responded about them.

It wasn't all that long ago that what players and management personnel did off the field, other than committing crimes, wasn't anyone's business. What happened in the offices, was nobody's business. What happened between coaches and players was nobody's business.

For anyone to come along now and say that the team owes us a comment/statement means nothing. Quite frankly, until we are a member of the Executive Board, nothing that happens within the organization is our business.

Of course, we can still speculate, and say anything we want. That's our right. But expect push back from players, and the organization when we do. They aren't our whipping boys. The point I was making about the incident was that it was nobody's business. Still, we can be curious.

Actually, the team owes us nothing in regards to information. That's really the point. Before the internet, when all we had was TV, radio, and the print media, we got most of our info through newspapers like The Packer Report. The only place there were "questions" about what was being done by the team appeared in letters to the editor. Those questions were more like statements, because in all honesty, nobody responded about them.

It wasn't all that long ago that what players and management personnel did off the field, other than committing crimes, wasn't anyone's business. What happened in the offices, was nobody's business. What happened between coaches and players was nobody's business.

I remember those days well. I can also remember, when I was in the Navy, that my mom would save a month's worth of articles form various sources and then send them out to me. They would be old news by the time I got them but I would go over them with a fine tooth comb. As sad as it sounds, I still have those to this day and I'll even break them open to show my oldest son who thinks it's cool to read over the articles. The information age has proliferated the 24 hour news cycle. For better or for worse, this is the age we live in.

Back