Post Game Thread: Green Bay defeats the Champs 27-19

HeartyHops

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The first half was an absolute delight to watch. The young offense was clicking all over the place, and Love was pretty damn impressive. I really like Kraft getting involved, too.

I was honestly expecting to lose and maybe lose big, but this was a LOT of fun!

Run defense anyone? Anyone? No? Okay.

gopackgo

Hopefully I can start breathing again soon. lol

Well at this point this team has earned the benefit of the doubt going forward. They legit have the team to run the table. I’m not saying they will… but the playoffs are a legit possibility.

Love is a baller. Turns out Kraft may be the TE they need out there…

Sloppy in some places but they made plays when they needed to..

I said this last week.. we are seeing a team believe in itself at a level we haven’t seen in years… it’s fun…

What else can you say? They just beat KC…

Sucks for Watson though…

The answer Mahomes gave about the PI on MVS: "It is what it is, man. Obviously, the guy was probably a little early, but at the end of the game they’re letting guys play. I’m kind of about that. I’d rather you let the guys play."

Mahomes is easy to like.

The first half was a young team growing up before our eyes, I missed the second, glad they hung on for a W. Another boost in confidence.

Love went 25 of 36 for 267 yards, 3 TDs. I said it a couple of weeks ago and will repeat it.... He has answered all the questions. Reading the ML presser transcript this morning, Love is doing his own check-downs and nailed them all.... that means the game has slowed way way down for him.

Defensively, that was a top 5 rushing team, yeah it got ugly at times but they held them to mostly FG, that's enough if our offense can click.

Enjoy the team win for a day, then back to work for next week!

The biggest change in the Packers since the first day of the season comes down to execution, and belief in each other on the field.

As Jordan Love gains confidence in himself, and the guys he's throwing to, the players are and Love are both executing plays a lot better than they did, when the season started. The part that makes a person smile is that they still haven't reached the level they're capable of. They have an even higher ceiling. It could even happen this year, as their confidence in the system and each other grows.

As for the question of Jordan Love? If you still don't think this kid has what it takes to you be a solid NFL QB, you're deluding yourself. He has the tools, and he has the inner drive, to be as good as he can be. Every game he gains more confidence in himself, and there are times you almost have to look out on the field and think; "We haven't lost a beat, with Favre and Rodgers no longer being on the field as our QB. Love has proven he belongs out there."

Our defense? We have players stepping up, and making plays. Mostly it's guys we counted on, but every once in a while, one of our back up defenders, or temporary starters does something that make their being on the field worth while. It's pretty hard not saying that at least some of the defensive coaches are doing a good job coaching these guys up. Whether or not it's a reflection on the ability Barry brings to the table, I can't say. But, I am impressed at times how they can do some of the things they do. Holding KC to 19 points last night is a good example.

This was one of the best and most fun games I have been to in a long time. The crowd engery was high the whole game. The KC tried to start their stupid chant when they scored a couple times but got shut down pretty easy. My response was when GB scored was to go oh-oh-oh GO PACK GO. Until the 4th quarter then New York had the refs try to get KC bac into this it was a great game.

With GB win last night it now moves them into the 7th seed in the NFC. pretty impressive for a team that started 2-5.

Back