Post Game Thread: Green Bay Beats Dallas

A late note after rewatching the game>>

We did not play a two-shell that much. We played Cloud, more on that later. It's a 3-deep coverage with two safeties and a corner, That form of 3 high is called SKY. 2 corners and a safety high is called Cloud. somebody clip this out and send it to Greg Olsen who called our Sky set Cloud, so he'll know what he's talking about in the future. Barry played the 3 high perfectly and deserved a STUD rating after a very beleaguered season. A big example of this coverage was Savage's pick. He rotated down exactly right from the 3 high and got a pick 6.
Do you think this same wrinkle is capable of helping our defense against the 49ers?

Do you think this same wrinkle is capable of helping our defense against the 49ers?
Not as much.... Niners are capable just like us of spreading it around and eating zone D. The big thing is you MUST stop the run or their stud will go for 200 yards and 3 TD on the ground..eat clock and we never see the ball. Basically playing ourselves

Not as much.... Niners are capable just like us of spreading it around and eating zone D. The big thing is you MUST stop the run or their stud will go for 200 yards and 3 TD on the ground..eat clock and we never see the ball. Basically playing ourselves
I’d rather force SF to win on Purdys arm than watch GB slowly bleed to death by running back.

I’d rather force SF to win on Purdys arm than watch GB slowly bleed to death by running back.
i have seen way more 49ers games than packers games this season. you may be surprised at just how well that offense works with purdy throwing the ball. they are not unbeatable, that's for sure. but when both purdy and mccaffrey are on, it's even better than love and jones. i'm still hopeful for a packers win and if they play as well as they did against the cowturds, i think we can win.

GD7Fs7QWMAAJnts

A late note after rewatching the game>>

We did not play a two-shell that much. We played Cloud, more on that later. It's a 3-deep coverage with two safeties and a corner, That form of 3 high is called SKY. 2 corners and a safety high is called Cloud. somebody clip this out and send it to Greg Olsen who called our Sky set Cloud, so he'll know what he's talking about in the future. Barry played the 3 high perfectly and deserved a STUD rating after a very beleaguered season. A big example of this coverage was Savage's pick. He rotated down exactly right from the 3 high and got a pick 6.
Interesting, Mark, thanks! Great job playing three high - perfect looks against Cowboy's offense! Was Barry just waiting for playoffs to show what he can do with this defense? Or finally trusting defenders speed and athleticism, and knowledge of complex scheming? How much do you think playing with a lead helped? Looking forward to what he comes up with against SF.

Last edited:
If and it's a big IF GB can get past SF I think GB has a legit shot at beating TB or Detroit to get to the SB. But GB will have to play a near perfect game to beat SF. If SF wins I think they roll TB or Detroit to go to the SB.

Then, to be competitive against the 49ers, the Packers are going to have to find a way to disguise their defense to create traps that Purdy won't see coming. He's inexperienced enough that he might not see some of it coming.

Of course, that's just hoping it happens, it doesn't make it happen.

Despite all the raves for Purdy, I think we have a slight edge with Love, but they have an edge with their receiving corps. When it comes to RB, McCaffery does have the edge on Jones.

It pretty much boils down to which defense actually performs better on that one given day, and it's pretty obvious the better of the two, from a personnel aspect, would be the 49ers.

Let's hope Barry has another cat he can draw out of his bag. They are going to have to come in on a mission to stand a chance. One thing about it though. The Packers have nothing to lose. They're already playing with house money.

Then, to be competitive against the 49ers, the Packers are going to have to find a way to disguise their defense to create traps that Purdy won't see coming. He's inexperienced enough that he might not see some of it coming.

Of course, that's just hoping it happens, it doesn't make it happen.

Despite all the raves for Purdy, I think we have a slight edge with Love, but they have an edge with their receiving corps. When it comes to RB, McCaffery does have the edge on Jones.

It pretty much boils down to which defense actually performs better on that one given day, and it's pretty obvious the better of the two, from a personnel aspect, would be the 49ers.

Let's hope Barry has another cat he can draw out of his bag. They are going to have to come in on a mission to stand a chance. One thing about it though. The Packers have nothing to lose. They're already playing with house money.
Agreed. I'm hoping Barry has a few tricks up his sleeve. These 2 HCs know each other very well and they know each other's offense.

Back