Post-game: Steelers Defeat Green Bay

the succession plan, yeah probably. but i don't like the idea of waiting until 2026 to make the changes that need to be made because murphy waited until july to retire like some are saying here.
I don’t think it will be 2026 before Policy starts running things, but I don’t know what changes he will make. I’ve said this before but be careful what you wish for - he is a land development lawyer by trade, he has no experience running football ops at any level whatsoever. He is not at all a guy I would want making football ops decisions and, depending on how things go over the rest of this season and next, he may leave things be.

I don’t think it will be 2026 before Policy starts running things, but I don’t know what changes he will make. I’ve said this before but be careful what you wish for - he is a land development lawyer by trade, he has no experience running football ops at any level whatsoever. He is not at all a guy I would want making football ops decisions and, depending on how things go over the rest of this season and next, he may leave things be.
In a way, this is probably best. That is, if he hires a football guy as a GM, and the GM has control of the football program. I wonder if they might even add another position, to suck of salary for someone "who's a friend," as VP of football operations?

That's a distinct possibility.

the succession plan, yeah probably. but i don't like the idea of waiting until 2026 to make the changes that need to be made because murphy waited until july to retire like some are saying here.

But 4ever makes a great point.

Murphy is not going to retire before the 2025 draft in GB. That is his deal. He will want to be there and see it through. I'd bet my salary that he retires right after the draft is over in 2025.

Murphy is not going to retire before the 2025 draft in GB. That is his deal. He will want to be there and see it through. I'd bet my salary that he retires right after the draft is over in 2025.
Do the Packers have the stockholders meeting in early-mid part of July 2025 so they can announce then the retirement of Murphy and the official start of the new team president on the job? Murphy turns 70 on July 13 2025 so I would not be shocked if they did something like that to be his last official thing he presides over.

Can we start to question ML now?

Here is the article. Yes, we can absolutely start questioning ML now. All I have to say is wow.

It looks like we are in big trouble until Murphy is gone and this coaching staff and GM get replaced.

frankly, this is what ticks me off. it means that these next two drafts, when we are likely to have a very good draft position (for us), we have to live with the same old head scratching picks. like 3rd round talent and developmental prospects being taken in the first round for example.

frankly, this is what ticks me off. it means that these next two drafts, when we are likely to have a very good draft position (for us), we have to live with the same old head scratching picks. like 3rd round talent and developmental prospects being taken in the first round for example.
If these high picks don’t work out then i have great news for you - there will be even more high picks in the future for the next GM

Here is the article. Yes, we can absolutely start questioning ML now. All I have to say is wow.

It looks like we are in big trouble until Murphy is gone and this coaching staff and GM get replaced.
I don’t mind ML not publicly going after Barry.. But when you say things that make it seem like you don’t think the DEF plan has any issues and that people are dumb for questioning something that isn’t working… well… what’s Ari Fleischer doing these days?

Back